Simply Regal: Multi-purpose Balms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Tired of chapped lips and dry elbows and knees? Need something that does it all, from healing bug bites, sunburns, and even cuts? Fear not, because multipurpose balms are what you need!

In my personal opinion, every college student should have a multipurpose balm in their cupboard! They are easy to use, and they are used for any skin problem. Here are some of my favorite multi-purpose balms.

Surfer’s Salve – $19.50 Amazon

It includes every skin antioxidant you can think of such as tea tree, olive oil, and lavender. This is a good spot treatment for big zits that might arise. It’s also a perfect gift for any person who loves the great outdoors. This magical salve has soothed sunburns faster than the average aloe bottle you find at Rite Aid! It also has healed cuts a lot of faster as well.

Glossier – Coconut Balm Dotcom – $12

If you’re looking for a more stylish, minimalist balm, this one is for you! I love the coconut scent, but if you don’t like coconut there is the regular version that has no scent. This is such a great moisturizer for traveling. I used this for chapped lips most of the time because of its lovely coconut scent. It comes in a pink packaging, complete with stickers to decor that minimalist aesthetic.

LUSH – Ultrabalm – $14.95

Another classic from LUSH, it’s pretty lightweight compared to the other two. It’s perfect for the day time if you need more moisturizing around that time. It comes in a tin so you won’t lose it like chapstick!

Emily Yoshida

Cal Lutheran

Hi I'm Emily and Im a HCCLU Alum!         
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!