This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

With a total area of about 20 square feet, the skin is the largest organ in our bodies. The skin protects us from microbes and the elements, helps to regulate body temperature, and permits the sensations of touch, heat, and cold. Therefore, I made this blog so we can all appreciate our beautiful selves by thanking the skin in which our souls reside. Plus having good skin makes you look better and feel better too!

Taking off your makeup is so important to your skin. Your pores will clog if you leave it overnight which will cause acne.

So you came back from school, work, a date, a party etc.

(To learn how to do this hair click here)

Put on some sweats.

After a long day, it’s time to take off your makeup!

Step 1. Wash Your Face with Cleansing Oil

Cleansing oil takes off your coverage without clogging your pores. It also improves texture and the brightness of the skin. The one I have is the DHC one and it’s amazing. It’s around $28 a bottle but it lasts me about 3 months. This one was a little more pricey since it had Disney Princesses on it, which I couldn’t resist. Some good alternatives are coconut oil, argan oil, and olive oil.

Rub it all over your face, then rinse.

Step 2. Wipe Your Face with Makeup Wipes

Makeup wipes are amazing because you can use it for your eyes, lips, and the excess makeup the cleansing oil didn’t take off. The one I use is from Japan, but the American alternative is the Neutrogena Cleansing Towelettes which are $6 and they are available at the nearest drugstore.

I definitely use the wipes for my eye makeup.

I mean look at all that gunk, all that gunk that was on my face

Then you start your three step facial routine!

Emily Yoshida

Cal Lutheran

Hi I'm Emily and Im a HCCLU Alum!         
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!