Simply Regal: Boho Braided Pigtails

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Remember when you were young cute little thing and could pull off pigtails like nobody’s business? Well, I’m here with a tutorial to help you bring those pigtails into the college world! Featuring two different types of braids, these braids will look anything but childish.

Step 1:

Create a side part and drag the end of the part down the back center of the head. You’ll create two sections this way. From there, section off a piece of hair and beginning an outie French braid and Then, gently tug on the edges of the braid to create more volume.

Step 2:

Pull the elastic down a teeny bit. Stick your finger in the middle of the hair right above the elastic and create a small hole. Take the ponytail of the hair and pull it through the backside of the hole. If this is difficult for you, you can either skip this step or buy a tool called a Topsy Tail (available on Amazon), which is made for this purpose.

Step 3:

Create a fishtail braid and secure the end. Then, gently tug on the edges of the braid to make it more voluminous. Then take out the top elastic near the Dutch braid. This will let the hair flow better from one braid to another.

TIP: To keep your braid from looking like a normal 3 strand braid, be sure to take small sections for you fishtail braid.

You’re done! This is a style to embrace the flyaways with, so hair spray isn’t really necessary. Alina, my model, and I were discussing how cute a flower crown would look for a Coachella vibe; or small flower tucked into the braids for a more Rapunzel like look.

Hope you enjoyed!

-AP

Hi! Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am sophomore Sociology/English major at Cal Lutheran University. This is my first year writing for Her Campus and I am very proud and excited to have joined the team. I aim to provide general lifestyle tips and ideas for my blog, as a means of making a campus dorm more homey. Thank you for reading!
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!