This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

From Freshman to Senior year there are definitely some big traditions at Cal Lu! Make sure to check these ones off your bucketlist before the semester is over. 

Hike to the Cross

Not just for the freshman rock painting! This hike offers gorgeous views of Cal Lutheran’s campus, Thousand Oaks, and its surrounding cities. Perfect photo op. 

Improv

Perfect for night owls seeking a laugh or break from studying, the C.L. I. T – yep that’s the name – performs every other Thursday night at the Preus-Brandt Forum (next to the library). The group is free from restriction on their content and knows how to get a life from their audience. Hurry seats go quickly! Doors open at 10:30pm. 

Borderline

Line dancing isn’t just country, y’all. Come learn dances to a variety of music choices including: country, classic rock, and Top 40 at College Night – every Wednesday at this country bar. CLU students with an ID are admitted for seven dollars. 

Taco Tuesday

Sunset Terrace comes alive after dark every Tuesday night when the tacos and margaritas are half off. (Come to think of it, I’ve never seen anyone actually order a taco there). CLU students are the main group of partiers there and you’re sure to see a familiar face. The DJ plays anything from EDM to old school rap- be prepared to dance to anything and everything.  

Try Bad*ss Tacos

This low key taco vender lives up to its name: tacos are $1.75 with generous portions and flavors ranging from sweet and mild to zesty and extreme. Add on a horchata and you are set. A true gem of Thousand Oaks, Bad Ass Tacos are a must try. (Personal recommendation: the carnitas)

Pre-Screen a Movie

Hollywood is brought to Thousand Oaks at the Muvico Theater at the Oaks Mall. Often their employees will be seen standing along the Spine or in front of Ullman giving out papers that describe movies you haven’t heard of- that’s because they’re not out yet! You even get to leave reviews for the crew who created the movie, and if you’re lucky you may get picked to be a part of a feedback audience who gets to have their reactions and opinions filmed for the Director to see!

Get to see the next big blockbuster before all of your friends when you pre-screen a movie!

Homecoming

This year the homecoming dance will be held Friday, October 9th with the football game and festivities following the next day. From 7:00 to 11:00 p.m. on Saturday, Kingsmen park will be transformed with carnival booths put up by various clubs and even some classic carnival rides. Be sure to check out the Her Campus photo booth and enter to win in our give away.

Hi, I'm a Communications major and sophomore at California Lutheran University. I consider myself five feet of sarcastic pep. I'm very excited about Her Campus and having the ability to write about my passions!
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!