This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

In the world we live in today, it sometimes feels like we blink our eyes and an entire chapter of our lives has come to an end. Nowadays, it feels like life is moving so fast that it is hard to live in the moment and enjoy what is happening right in front of us. As a college student, we live fast paced lives filled with a million things on our to do lists every day. With the year coming to an end and the holiday season approaching, I have been thinking about where I was last year around this time. This year was definitely a season of growth, trial and error, and blessings.

Personally, my daily routine looks a lot like attending my classes, completing assignments, and working. As I get further into my education journey, I find myself more overwhelmed and left with no time for myself. Then I start to reminisce. I find myself thinking about how I used to have time to hang out with my friends daily, go on random adventures just because, and have the energy for relationships. It can be frustrating to think about the old versions of ourselves, but we all deserve more credit than we think. Lately, I have been really trying to project positive energy and manifest what I want for myself. One thing that motivates me is putting in the work to get to where I want to be for my future self. If you’re anything like me, I’m sure you have been dreaming and working towards attending college for most of your life.

We need to learn to not take time for granted and live for our future selves and know that it is okay to miss the person we no longer are. Time does not stop for anyone, so it is important that we evolve with the world, take time for ourselves, and continue to work towards our goals.

Amaris Carrillo

Cal Lutheran '25

Hello! My names Amaris Carrillo and I was born & raised in Santa Paula, California. I am a second year at California Lutheran University majoring in Biology and minoring in Public Health. I plan on pursuing a career in the anesthesiology field of medicine. I love taking pictures & the color pink!