Meet Alumna, Brenda Miller!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Name: Brenda Miller

Year: Alumni

Before CLU became a university, it was called California Lutheran College (CLC). During the years 1979-1980, Brenda Miller attended CLC. She chose to attend CLC because, “I had run track for Simi Valley High School and Moorpark College and was recruited to run track for CLC. It was a great fit for me. I loved the ‘community’ atmosphere.” Although she had not yet declared a major while attending CLC, Miller said “my focus was in Sports Medicine and Physical Education.” 

Miller said what she learned most from attending CLC was, “the love of learning. It sounds cliche. I learned that if you study what you are interested in, you will thrive.” Currently, Miller is the Properties Manager for the Actors’ Repertory Theater of Simi. She enjoys music and has “sung in classical master chorales since high school. Music is a passion.  I’m also very active in several different community theater groups.”

Something Miller is also very passionate about is her family. She has two sons, Sean and Austin, and has been married to her husband Ron for thirty-five years. Miller’s advice for students currently attending CLU is, “Go, get through the GE the best you can but also branch out, take classes that interest you and find that which makes you want to learn more. You may be surprised at what becomes your passion. Study hard.”

Elaine Abarta

Cal Lutheran

Elaine is a Junior at California Lutheran University majoring in Communications. She is currently Publicity Director and Features Writer for Her Campus at Cal Lutheran. She loves planning events, singing, playing guitar, and spending time with her friends and family. 
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!