Loving Yourself in February

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

February is an interesting month for everyone, and the love in the air might make you feel a certain way. Whether or not your “month of love” was filled with affection or heartbreak, it is important to remember to love yourself not only now but throughout the year! Here are some tiny life-hacks to help brighten your days, and most importantly, boost your confidence and help you love yourself all throughout March as well!

(Image courtesy of Photopin.com)

1. Wear something cute: You know the old saying, “Look good, feel good?” Well, spoiler alert, it is definitely true! Wear something you love daily, whether it’s a pair of shoes or new t-shirt, that makes you feel great about yourself or that you really like. Even sporting something as small as a bracelet you adore can help you remind yourself that you look bomb and you are ready to take on the world!

2. Blast your favorite song: Who cares if it’s on the radio 24/7? Blast that one catchy guilty-pleasure of a song while you get that paper done or fold your laundry. Something as small as an upbeat tune can help turn your mood around and help you brighten your day! If you want to feel even happier, throw an air-guitar or mic drop in that mid-song dance or rap somewhere.

(Image courtesy of Photopin.com)

3. Drink Water: Self-explanatory here. According to mayoclinic.org, water is “your body’s principal chemical component” and “makes up about “60% of your body weight.” What better way to show yourself some TLC than to stay hydrated? Mayoclinic.org also reports that “The adequate intake of [beverages] is around 13 cups (3 liters) for men” and “about 9 cups (2.2 liters) for women” daily! So tell yourself and a friend to fill up their hydroflask one more time: bottoms up!

(Image Courtesy of Photopin.com)

4. Get out of your comfort zone: Sign up for that gym class you’ve always been meaning to, or order something different at that restaurant you always go to after class! Sometimes trying something completely new can help you get in touch with your sense of adventure, and maybe you’ll discover you like something you never guessed you would’ve! Empowering yourself through new experiences can be very rewarding, and treating yourself to new experiences and memories can benefit yourself and your health. 

This month, fall in love with yourself! While learning to love and accept yourself can be a process that takes years to fully complete, you can kickstart your journey with these little things and have fun while you do it! Happy Loving! 

*Thumbnail courtesy of Photopin.com

Erin Niemi

Cal Lutheran '20

Erin Niemi is a student at California Lutheran University and is pursuing her BA in Communication. When she isn't typing up a Her Campus article at a local coffee shop, you may find her at a concert, the beach or the movies! Erin is passionate about local news, beauty, science, sports, entertainment and music. She is also a huge Star Wars and MCU geek, and she will happily talk about either for hours if given the opportunity.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!