This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Andre Morales is an Exercise Science major. He’s currently an RA and it’s actually his first time living on campus! Andre has a twin brother named Sebastian and two other younger brothers who are sixteen and fourteen. He’s from Northridge and went to private school from middle school to college. He’s played soccer as his college sport, in high school he played football, track, and basketball.

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: How does it feel knowing that you’re in your last year of undergrad?

Andre Morales: It’s scary, kind of nerve wrecking. Since I was in 8th grade, I had this plan. When it’s coming down to it, I’m second guessing myself, it is scary you never know what’s going to happen. I have been working two and a half years at a clinic and I don’t see myself being there forever. I know graduating is a huge milestone, especially being the first in my family to go to college.

HCCLU: Was CLU your first choice?

AM: No. I heard about it my senior year. I had applied to a bunch of schools and Cal Lutheran was last minute. I was going to go to St Johns University in New York, I wanted to go away for a little bit. I then realized CLU has small classes and I was drawn to it. I was so used to the small class sizes and I like being personable with the faculty and professors.

HCCLU: What does being an RA mean to you?

AM: Before I became an RA, I thought of the stereotype, that they were like police. But now, being on the job, I know it’s a lot more than that. It’s about making a community with all your residents, being respectful to residents, staff, and all faculty on campus, from realizing you might want to collaborate with faculty for a program to needing the help from facilities to come fix something in your room. Being an RA is just being a fun, friendly, and kind person that can reach out to anyone and people can reach out to them if they need anything.

HCCLU: Describe yourself in three words.

AM: Athletic, shy, courteous.

HCCLU: What would you name the autobiography of your life?

AM: The Footsteps of a Young Peruvian KidHCCLU: Who’s your favorite artist and why?

AM: J Cole because of his story telling capabilities when he’s rapping.HCCLU: What’s your favorite childhood memory and why?

AM: Winning my first league champion in football when I was in middle school. It was the first time I ever won a championship in any tournament. It was such a fun, cool game; I was so excited. We were losing in the first half. It was held at the high school I ended up going to, so people already knew who I was when I started there.

HCCLU: What’s your most embarrassing moment?

AM: When I was in 6th grade I was playing flag football. I was a quarter back and the lineman in the other team was rushing in to pull my flag, and ended up getting my pants and underwear pulled down. I was bare butt on the field and was wondering why I felt a breeze. I turned as red as a lobster and pulled my pants up and ran across the field. It was a big game so there was a lot of people there.

HCCLU: What’s your favorite thing to do in your spare time?

AM: I love golfing. Listening to music, playing any sport, hanging out with my family and friends, and grabbing a drink with some friends.

HCCLU: What’s your dream job?

AM: Being the athletic trainer or physical trainer for the Lakers

Leslie Madrigal

Cal Lutheran '20

Hello, my name is Leslie Madrigal. I am a senior at Cal Lutheran double-majoring in Criminal Justice and Spanish with a minor in Ethnic Studies! Besides being a part of Her Campus, I am also the Co-President for the Latin American Student Organization, Vice President of My Generation My Fight, and Secretary for the Criminal Justice Student Association. I work on campus at the Office of the President as well as having an off campus job in retail. And I volunteer for the Safe Passage Program through the Criminal Justice Department.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!