This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

This wonderful girl opens up about her love for her major and her personal relationship with her boyfriend. She is enthusiastic about her life and the people and things in it.

Name: Katie Willis

Age: 21 

From: Colleyville, Texas

Major: History with two minors in English and Religion

Relationship status: In a relationship. 5 years and 9 months.

Favorite hobby: Sewing

Favorite toy as a kid: My Jessie doll. Still have it.

Favorite Jamba Juice: Chocolate Love with extra Banana.

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: How do you feel about being a campus cutie?

Katie Willis: Really excited. I have wanted to be one for awhile. I thought it would be cool. And of course the faculty are quite excited.

HC: Would you rather be at the beach or the mountains?

KW: The mountains for sure. I would love to snowboard and ski…in theory. I also love the atmosphere, the tall trees, the snow, cuddling with someone and a hot chocolate. It sounds wonderful.

HC: What made you decide to be a history major?

KW: Originally I was a Bio major. I wanted to major in marine biology, but I had a bad semester and got a D in Bio. Whelp not happening. So I switched to another love of mine; history. That was sophmore year. I then took this cold war class with Dr. Reeves and she offered me a DA position in the department. I guess I did something right. 

HC: What is your dream job?

KW: My dream job is to be a History Professor. I love going through archives and old diaries. As a DA, I am reading this 1800 diary and I am transcribing it so people can use it and look it up. 

HC: If you could travel to any time period, which one would it be?

KW: Oh gosh. I guess I would like to see the early 1900s. I would like to see the technology grow and see the time traveling slow. I would definitely like to see the development and growth of technology through the 20th century.

HC: Describe your first date with your boyfriend.

KW: Oh my gosh. It was valentine’s day 2010. We both in 10th grade. We were friends first in 8th but Halloween 2009 we reconnected as we both were going to different high schools. We were going back and forth on whether or not we liked each other. So we went on a date. I was nervous and it became a double date which actually didn’t turn out well as my friend decided she didn’t like her date. Steven and I enjoyed it though. We were at this nice outdoor shopping center. We played hide and seek in Barnes and Nobles. He gave me a giant green frog and cupcakes. He didn’t know what he was doing. I wore a purple dress but it was cold and it was the one day it snowed in Texas. So I wore this weird heavy coat and jeans and sneakers. He lost his phone before the date, but at least we weren’t the most awkward couple on the date. 

HC: What attracted you to your boyfriend?

KW: Well I guess it goes back to 8th grade. I would hug him even though he hated physical contact, but this eventually led to a combination of bugging each other and liking each other. Then also, during the end of the year celebration for 8th grade, I asked him to go with me and he said yes. He usually doesn’t like to go to events like that. Also, during 8th grade before I really knew I liked him, my friends and I were talking one day and he walked by. My friends asked me if I like Steven and I freaked out and hide behind my books. Then at Halloween we were talking about Zombieland we both realized we were both nerds. 

HC: If you could be on any TV show, which one would it be?

KW: This is a secret. I would want to be on Drunk History. Steven and I watch it all the time. It be fun to see the famous celebs acting out whatever I said while drunk.

HC: Hot chocolate, tea, or coffee?

KW: Hot Chocolate. I am obsessed with it. I usually have two packets instead of one. It is a bad addiction. Can’t get enough of chocolate.

My name is Marisa Shlichtman and I am attending Cal Lutheran University where I will be studying theatre and communications. I love anything about theatre and have acted and directed before. I used to play soccer and still love the sport though I don't play anymore. This magazine is the first magazine I have written for but it sounds like an amazing opportunity to get involved within my campus and try something new.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!