This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: What’s your major and how did you choose it? 

Jah Xhamilton: I’m a psychology major. I’ve always been interested in psych. I took AP Psychology my senior year of high school and the concepts were really easy to apply to daily life. I can practice these concepts on people and see an actual effect. I’ve always enjoyed helping and communicating with people. I like learning about how people function.

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

JX: Well, I’m an RA. I’m a part of the “Netflix and Chill” intramural soccer team. 

HC: How did you decide you wanted to be an RA and what do you like most about it?

JX: I decided I wanted to be an RA before I even started college. I visited the school through the inCLUsive program. I stayed with a junior RA and he was really cool. He was able to show me around school and tell me a lot about the job. I really liked the things I heard about it. My freshman year, I really liked all my RA’s and they all shaped me in a positive way, My favorite part about this job is talking to my residents because from that, I can see the impact I have on them damn near immediately. 

HC: What are you most passionate about?

JX: I’m passionate about life. For me personally, I do a lot of self reflection to figure out how I can become a better person and learn from my mistakes in the past. I’m into reading wisdom books. I feel like they make me feel better and I can instantly see these things in my life and allow them to change how I think. Thoughts change actions. I can repair and improve aspects of my life and allow and inspire others to do the same. 

HC: How did you choose CLU?

JX: The inCLUsive program helped me make my decision. I loved everybody’s energy and the appearance of campus. I love Thompson and the room sizes. I’ve lived here for two years now. I loved the welcoming atmosphere I felt when I visited here. It was a done deal. 

HC: What’s something nobody knows about you?

JX: I’ve toured the Baltics with Bobby McFerrin. Ambiguous is best for these random facts. That way people can come up to me and ask me about it.

natalie elliott

Cal Lutheran

Natalie is a junior at California Lutheran University majoring in Communications with an emphasis in journalism and minoring in Global Studies and Spanish. She interned with the HC National office the summer before college and writes for the Features section for Her Campus Cal Lutheran. Her favorite things are window seats, chai tea, yoga, and Jesus.  
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!