This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

(Photo: Inga Parker)

Name: Emily Hare

Age: 21 yrs.

From: Newbury Park, California

Major: Theatre Arts

Relationship Status: Forever Single

Favorite Dessert: Rainbow Sherbet Ice Cream

Favorite TV Show: Supernatural

Favorite Starbucks drink: Acai Refresher    

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: How do you feel about being a Campus Cutie?

Emily Faye Hare: (Laughs) Surprised. Um, I’m used to flying under the radar. But I am in charge of a lot things this year…Weird but good weird.

HC: If there was one item you could save from a fire, what would it be?

EFH: My laptop. It’s got so many things on in it. I write. Too many stories are on it. I mean, I have backups but they’re all in one place.

HC: Since you are a senior, is there something that you know now that you wish you knew as a freshman?

EFH: Let’s see… get involved from the get go. Definitely. And also, staying committed. Oh, I thought of something else: don’t be afraid of things you don’t think you’d be good at. I mean, I’m a theatre major. Didn’t think I would until I found out I am.

HC: We heard you are directing CLU’s fall production of Chamber Music*. What has been the best part so far?

EFH: (Smiles) Taking things from the page and bringing them to life is even better than imagined. And then, also playing with it; not going exactly word for word but it has flair too.

HC: Have you always wanted to direct?

EFH: No. (Short pause). Oh, you want me to elaborate. I started assistant directing three years ago. Didn’t know I could realistically direct until a year ago. I worked on Aladdin Jr. last year where I co-directed. I loved watching it and seeing my ideas in the play. I realized I loved directing and wanted to do this professionally.

HC: Have you done any other theatre related work outside of CLU?

EFH: Most of what I have done has been. I have been a part of the Young Artists Ensemble and the alumni group Y4ever where I have served various tech roles. Even after Chamber Music closes, I will be stage managing for Young Artist Ensemble and assistant directing for Y4ever.

HC: Getting really personal, but what is a guilty pleasure of yours no one knows?

EFH: I’d rather have dinner for breakfast and not eat breakfast food.

HC: What would be your ideal first date?

EFH: Oh. To compare with my one actual date? I don’t know. I have thought of this. Tumblr has helped…. A Picnic. To eat…I am picky so that’s the hard part…chicken tenders. You can’t go wrong with chicken tenders. Oh, and at the beach, That’s cliché.

HC: If you could pick anywhere in the world to live, where would that be?

EFH: Probably Newbury Park. Very nice community, not too far from LA.

HC: What would be your dream play or musical to direct?

EFH: Dogfight. I knew that one. (Laughs and smiles). The music is pretty and it is this war romance story and there is this love hate relationship with the main character. He’s a wonderful and terrible person.

HC: If you could be any superhero, who would you be?

EFH: Ahhhhh! This is obscure but I am choosing from Nickelodeon cartoon Danny Phantom. He’s been very special to me since middle school. I still have the action figure. 

*Emily’s show Chamber Music comes out October 7th-10th here at CLU. Don’t miss it!

My name is Marisa Shlichtman and I am attending Cal Lutheran University where I will be studying theatre and communications. I love anything about theatre and have acted and directed before. I used to play soccer and still love the sport though I don't play anymore. This magazine is the first magazine I have written for but it sounds like an amazing opportunity to get involved within my campus and try something new.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!