This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Check out this pre-med cutie. He loves camping, horseback riding, and anything to do with sports. Find him playing the didgeridoo

or studying in the science center, you’ll never have a dull moment with this hilariously sarcastic cutie.

Year: Junior

Major: Biology

Hometown: Westlake Village

Age: 20 almost 21

Height: 5’10”

Favorite book: The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley

Favorite movie: Mission Impossible movies

Favorite movie snack (besides popcorn): Junior Mints

Favorite color: Light blue

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: What’s you favorite sport?

Cian Power: Horseback riding with lacrosse as a close second.

HC: That’s awesome! How long have you been riding your horse?

CP: Since I was six. I compete him and jump him, but it’s hard because of school so I mostly do it during the summer. I train every day for probably two hours. I’ve won competions in high school for my school division, and I was the champion in my junior year in the jumper division. I jump over fences for time. In competitions, you see either who’s the fastest or who can get the time the judges tell you to get (aka optimum time). I do the optimum time.

HC: Dogs or cats?

CP: Dog person. I like being able to bring the dog places and go out and do stuff with it, compared to where you can’t do it with a cat. But I do have two dogs and two cats at home.

HC: What are your career goals?

CP: I want to be a surgeon. I’m not sure what kind yet,  but I don’t think I want to do general surgery.

HC: Where do you want to go to med school?

CP: Washington State because I like the area, and it’s a nice medical school as well. But goal of all goals that may or may not be achievable: Stanford, because, you know, it’s Stanford.

HC: What are three things everyone should know about you?

CP: I’m athletic, I ride 1500 lb animals, I can play the didgeridoo.

HC: What’s the weirdest thing that’s ever happened to you?

CP: When I cut my hair, I came home, and my little brother gave me this shocked expression. When I walked in the door, and I looked at him, and he later told me that he thought I was our older brother. Our older brother lives in a different state, so that would have been really weird if he came in.

HC: Who’s your celebrity crush?

CP: Channing Tatum.

HC: If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?

CP: I would have a honeybadger so that when I’m mad at people I can just stick the honeybadger at them.

HC: What are the top three things on your bucket list?

CP: I want to travel the world— and especially backpack through Europe, compete in a grand Prix on my horse, and go to a Twenty One Pilots concert.

HC: What was your favorite childhood TV show?

CP: Hamtaro, that was the coolest thing when I was little, but then they didn’t play it anymore, and I was like “what?”

HC: Favorite quote?

CP: “You do you” –the generation of 2015

HC: What do you want to tell the world?

CP: We all need to love each other and stop making fun of other people and isolating them.

Rachael Balcom

Cal Lutheran

Rachael is a Cal Lutheran junior and communication major also following the premed track. Originally from San Diego, she enjoys juggling, well-buttered popcorn, and writing about unpopular opinions.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!