This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Name: Carly Holland

Major: Business Administration 

Year: Senior! WAHOOOO!

Hometown: Los Angeles, CA

Relationship Status: Single

Height: 5’2

Favorite Sport: Baseball! Go Dodgers!

Favorite Food: Sushi

Hobbies: I like to do ceramics or spend time going on new hikes with my dog, Cali.

Nicknames: None :(

Dog person or cat person?: Definitely a dog person! I recently adopted one of my fosters :)

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: How do you feel about being a campus cutie?

CH: Completely honored!

HC: Where is your favorite place on campus? 

CH: My favorite place on campus is Starbucks! It’s a great place to hang out and do homework, or just sit and drink some coffee while ditching class.

HC: What made you want to get involved at a shelter?

CH: When I started volunteering I was a freshman living on campus and in need of some puppy love. I had a lot of free time outside of class and I figured it would be good to get out and do something where could make a difference!

HC: What is your favorite thing about working at an animal shelter?

CH: I love that my team has become like a little family. We have holiday parties at each other’s houses and joke around with each other while we are volunteering at the shelter.

HC: What is the funniest/weirdest thing that happened at the shelter? 

CH: The funniest thing that has happened is probably when my co-worker let a dog out on accident and we were all running around trying to find the dog, but we had to act like nothing was wrong so that we didn’t get in trouble by the officers.

HC: What is your most embarrassing moment?

CH: Most embarrassing moment, when my bathing suit flew off when going down a water slide at Hurricane Harbor .. I surely gave a show to all that were around. 

HC: What is your biggest pet peeve?

CH: When people give up before trying! I think it is important to try everything at least once because you never know what you might be good at!

HC: What’s your worst habit?

CH: Jumping to conclusions .. I have definitely gotten myself into trouble with that!

HC: Where is your favorite place in the world?

CH: On the beach!

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

CH: Hopefully in a nice office with a nice paycheck!

HC: What is your ideal first date?

CH: My ideal first date would include the opportunity to just hang out and get to know each other. I love when a guy is thoughtful and tries to get to know me for me. 

HC: Biggest fear?

CH: Not making my parents proud.

HC: If you could have one super power, what would it be?

CH: I would love to fly. Flights are expensive, so if I could just fly myself, I could surely save myself a lot of money!

HC: If you had a time machine, where would you go and why?

CH: I would go to my wedding day, I would want to make sure I am ending up with a handsome husband!

Dianna Rohrer

Cal Lutheran

Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!