This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Name: Ben Zaiser

Year: 2018

Age: 19

Major: Undecided

Hometown: Los Osos, California

Height: 5’10”

Relationship Status: Single

Secret Talent: I can wiggle my ears

Favorite Season: Late fall and winter

Favorite type of sandwich: Lettuce, tomato, turkey, pepperjack cheese, honey mustard, mayo, and potato chips on a French roll

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: How do you feel about being campus cutie?

Ben Zaiser: It’s an honor to be recognized by my fans ;)

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

BZ: Someone who understands my sense of humor, is humble and respectful, knows what she wants out of that relationship, and loves Jesus. I really find it attractive in a girl when she respects herself and isn’t looking for attention from others to build herself up.

HC: What’s a fun date idea?

BZ: Making a playlist of a variety of classic slow-dancing songs, like Frank Sinatra, and getting a portable speaker and going out to a Gazebo and dancing the night away. **Patent pending don’t steal my idea**

HC: If you could have an exotic animal as your pet, what would it be?

BZ: Jaguar because I did a report on them in third grade, and they’ve been one of my favorite animals ever since

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

BZ: I absolutely love watching movies, and I absolutely love watching baseball. I played third base and outfield since the age of 5 all the way through high school.

HC: What’s your favorite movie?

BZ: I don’t have a favorite movie because I really appreciate all movies except for horror films. I also have an uncanny ability to remember movie quotes.

HC: If you could be any Disney character, who would you be and why?

BZ: The Genie, after Aladdin sets him free, because the Genie is my favorite Disney character, and he is all powerful.

HC: What’s your favorite baseball team?

BZ: The San Francisco Giants.

HC: What are your pet peeves?

BZ: When people ask if you want something, and you say “yeah” and then they say “okay, come make it.” When people don’t use the oxford comma. Even though I’m terrible at grammar, people not using the oxford irks me. And when people are indecisive.

HC: What are three things no one knows about you?

BZ: I grew up in a house with both an older sister and a younger sister, so I’ve seen a LOT a chick flicks…I basically know all the words to High School Musical. Aaanndd, I hate coffee. My dad keeps trying to push coffee on me, and I say, “no, I don’t do drugs.”

HC: If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

BZ: I absolutely love authentic Mexican food. I will eat that night and day.

HC: If you were stranded on an island and could only take three things with you, what would you bring?

BZ: Bible, my Netflix subscription, and a volleyball to keep me company

Rachael Balcom

Cal Lutheran

Rachael is a Cal Lutheran junior and communication major also following the premed track. Originally from San Diego, she enjoys juggling, well-buttered popcorn, and writing about unpopular opinions.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!