This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Name: Austin Stout

Major: Mathematics

Year: 2019

Hometown: Santa Maria

Favorite Sport: Baseball

Favorite Food: Pizza

Relationship: Single

Height: 5’10”

Her Campus: So why do freshmen know you as gazebo guy?

Austin Stout: Because I took my girlfriend on our first date in the gazebo (in Kingsmen park).  That’s why they posted it on yik yak saying that there was a gazebo guy. So I downloaded the app and found that people were talking about me so I went along with it.

HC: Was it weird knowing that people were posting about you?

AS: No, I liked it. I liked being known for something good.

HC: Why did you pick the gazebo?

AS: Because I wanted to do something that wasn’t cheesy but reasonable so I took her on a date with homemade food. And I also thought it was really pretty.

HC: So are you currently digging the single life?

AS: No. I don’t like the single life. I like taking people on dates and I’m seeing how that goes. But I’m currently single.

HC: Have you always been into making big romantic gestures?

AS: Yes. Ever since I took a girl on a date freshman year in high school, I’ve always been known as a hopeless romantic. I took her to a nice restaurant called the Swiss. It’s this formal steakhouse.

HC: Describe the perfect first date?

AS: My idea of the perfect first date would be me picking her up at her house, or dorm, and walking her to the car. I would take her to a hike with a really pretty view, one that overlooks the ocean. And then I would want to have lights and a little canopy over our table. Then I’d want to eat pizza. You can’t do that with a girl but if we’re taking my perfect date – then pizza. And we’d eat pizza and listen to Twenty One Pilots. Then, after we finished, we would go down to the beach and just walk along the beach for a few hours and just talk. I like just talking, it’s nice. Then after that, I’d wanna go get ice cream and I’d take her back to her dorm.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

AS: Someone that has nice teeth, eyes that sparkle when they look at the sun, likes laughing with me, has long hair, that I’m comfortable with, and is easy to get along with. Someone that will challenge me. Someone that will always be there for me and be my safe haven.

HC: What are some hobbies you have on campus?

AS: Playing the guitar and longboarding. I like playing ultimate frisbee.

HC: So tell me about your recent longboarding accident?

AS: So I was longboarding to starbucks and I was going down the hill behind Mt. Clef. As I was going down the hill, I was going too fast. I jumped off the board and couldn’t catch my feet so I hit the bridge and my head hit the rock. So people were worried about my head and consciousness so they took me to the ER. They told me that I had a mild concussion, after finding nothing wrong with the CT scan. I had mild amnesia that came from a previous accident combined with this trauma.

HC: And how has the mild amnesia affected you?

AS: I’m slowly getting my memory back but I’m still only getting bits and pieces of these past two weeks. I was thinking that I had a math test but it turns out I already took that quiz.

HC: Are you already back on the board?

AS: Yes. People told me not to. They told me to stay in the room but it’s boring to just be there.

HC: Who’s your celebrity crush?

AS: Jennifer Aniston. I liked her when she had black hair in Horrible Bosses. She was very beautiful in that.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

AS: What I wanted since I was six was to have a wife, two kids, and a house. I don’t know what job I’m going to have but I want it to be a steady one.

HC: How would you describe yourself in one word?

AS: Happy.

HC: And how does it feel to be a campus cutie?

AS: It’s a good compliment. I’m honored to receive this award.

Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!