Top Date Spots Near Cabrini

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

With Valentine’s Day coming up, everyone is trying to find a good place to go. Whether you’re celebrating just another Valentine’s Day with your long-term significant other, you’re in a newer relationship or you’re just trying to find a Galentine’s Day hangout, these places will guarantee you have a nice time.

Food – The most obvious and traditional thing to do on Valentine’s Day is to go to a restaurant of some sort. Here are some options, from casual to more fancy.

1. Great American Pub – 4 West Avenue, Wayne

The Great American Pub is a sports bar, which makes it perfect for the couple that just likes to hang out and be together in a fun setting. The employees are personable, even during times where the restaurant is really crowded. Great American Pub serves classics such as burgers, fries and pizza, and has beer specials every day.

2. Minella’s Diner – 320 W Lancaster Ave, Radnor

Minella’s Diner is one of my personal favorite places to go near Cabrini, pretty much because I’m a sucker for late-night pancakes. However, if you’re looking for a less stressful, more low-key Valentine’s Day spot,  Minella’s casual vibe makes it the perfect place. Being a diner, it has a wide variety of foods and baked goods so even picky eaters should be able to enjoy their meal.

3. Ristorante Primavera – 384 W Lancaster Ave, Wayne

If you’re looking for a nicer, more romantic dinner option with affordable prices, Ristorante Primavera is the place to go. The restaurant offers the lighting, decor and table settings of a fancier restaurant. It is an Italian restaurant, so pizza and pasta lovers will very much enjoy their selection.

4. The Cheesecake Factory – 640 W Dekalb Pike, King of Prussia

The Cheesecake Factory may be one of the most expensive on the list, but it is arguably the most renowned. The Cheesecake Factory has an expansive menu, including everything from burgers to pasta to seafood. However, what the Cheesecake Factory is most famous for, obviously, is its cheesecake. With great food, dessert and a nice environment, The Cheesecake Factory is an awesome option for a Valentine’s Day date.

5. Bertucci’s – 523 W Lancaster Ave, Wayne

Another Italian restaurant (Italian food is romantic, right?), Bertucci’s is also a good date place. It has a pretty good variety, especially for an Italian restaurant, and offers deals like three courses for $19.99 and the Everyday Party Menu.

Other Fun – Sometimes, you’re in the mood to have a fun date, but you don’t want to get food. Here are some places you can go that are close to Cabrini but aren’t restaurants.

1. Painting With a Twist – 107 Lancaster Avenue, Wayne

Painting With a Twist works really well for either a girl’s night out or as a fun, new place to go on a date. Painting with a Twist offers BYOB (or drink of choice) group painting lessons. There is a ten-person minimum on private parties, but Painting With a Twist also offers sign ups for their public lessons for groups that are smaller than that, which makes it a fun place for date night.

2. Color Me Mine – 109 W Lancaster Ave, Wayne

Color Me Mine is the kind of place you remember going to as a kid but don’t really think much about returning to as an adult. However, for the couple that likes to be creative together, this is a really good place to go. You can paint one piece of pottery together or even make things for each other. This pottery-decorating business also offers adult painting lessons, wine nights and different types of parties for group fun.

3. Sky Zone – 122 Mill Road, Oaks

This is a good date spot for the couple that likes to be active together, especially in the cold months since it’s indoors. While it’s further away from Cabrini than the rest of the options, it offers a variety of fun activities and you can make a day out of it. From dodgeball to free jumping on the trampolines, Sky Zone is sure to allow you to have fun with your date while also getting in a good workout.

4. Ultrazone – 4201 Neshaminy Boulevard Ste 130, Bensalem

Another fun place to go on a date is Ultrazone. Ultrazone is a laser tag place, which makes it another great option to go if you want to be more active but still spend time together.

5. Philadelphia

If all else fails, Philadelphia is just a short drive or train ride away from Cabrini. You can go see a show, hit the town or go out to one of the many restaurants that Philly has to offer.

Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.