Spring Musical Cast Spotlight: Jenna M. Vascimini

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

Name: Jenna M. Vascimini

Year: Freshman

Major: English with concentration in writing

Activities: I write, and love movies, books and playing the flute

Favorites:

Color: Red

Food: Grapes

Book: Into The Wild

Musical: RENT

Actor: Johnny Depp

Favorite role you’ve ever played: My favorite past role would have to be Actor #2 in Bang Bang You’re Dead because it was a touring group that went to different high schools talking about the effects of bullying.

What is your role in “How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying”? Can you talk a little bit about it?

My role in H2S is Scrubwoman/Ensemble. I have a small speaking role as scrubwoman, which is like the maid or cleanup crew of the office.

What are you most excited about for opening night?

I’m excited to show everyone what the cast and crew has been working so hard on for the past couple months.                 

Have you always been interested in theater? What’s your journey been to the Cabrini stage?

Yes, I have always been interested in theater. I’ve loved performing my whole life. I heard about Cabrini Theatre my first week at Cabrini and I decided to audition for the fall play. I’m very happy I did.

What’s the most challenging part of being involved in theater?

The most challenging part would probably be balancing school work and practices, but i make sure to stay on top of my work and my practices so I can enjoy them both.         

And the most fun?

The most fun is just being on stage and working with such a fun group of people and putting together a great show.                

Personally, what’s the best part about being an actor, especially one that performs live?

The best thing about being an actor for me is being able to entertain an audience, and tell a story.                                                   

Who are your biggest influences?

Biggest influence would be my older sister, who I watched perform on stage and seeing her have so much fun made me want to do the same.     

If you could play any role in musical history, who would it be? Why?

Any role in history, I would want to play Maureen Johnson in RENT, because it’s my favorite musical and I always liked her character.                              

What advice would you give to anyone who wants to become involved in theater?

Advice would be to just do it. Being a part of such a close-knit community and being on stage is a wonderful feeling and everyone should be able to experience it, even if they are part of production or crew.

Photo taken by Theresa Paesani

Sophomore Digital Communications and Social Media major at Cabrini College. I am involved in LOQtion video news and I am a staff writer for the Loquitur. @ashley_sierzega
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.