Meghan Martin: Champion On And Off the Court

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

Not many people can say they’ve been on a sports team that has won four championships in a row. Even fewer can say they’ve been on two.

Cabrini sports star Meghan Martin has been a part of four-peat winning women’s soccer and basketball teams through her college career.

“It always feels good to win the CSAC. That is our team goal when we start the year,” she said. “I have won eight for eight CSAC championships between soccer and basketball and that’s something I will never forget.”

Martin is a senior shooting guard double majoring in criminology and sociology and minoring in psychology. She was named the team’s MVP at the end of the CSAC championship game.

She has been playing basketball for as long as she can remember. “I started playing because all of my friends who I played soccer with were playing too,” she said.

Her love of the sport only grew from there.

“I love that anyone can win any game. It’s a possession-by-possession game and whoever plays the hardest is who will get the win,” Martin said.

But what drew this young woman from New Market, Maryland all the way to Cabrini College?

“I love how small Cabrini is. Everyone knows everyone and it’s a close-knit family,” she said.

In 2014 she got to travel to Portugal with the women’s soccer team, which is her favorite place that she has traveled.

Off the court you can find Martin spending time with her family. “Family is the most important part of my life and I don’t know where I would be without them,” she said.

Martin also considers her mother to be her biggest inspiration. “She is the hardest working, strongest woman I have ever met and cares about everyone,” she said. “She pushes me to be the best person I can be and I would be nowhere without her.”

Sophomore Digital Communications and Social Media major at Cabrini College. I am involved in LOQtion video news and I am a staff writer for the Loquitur. @ashley_sierzega
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.