Local Places To Go Enjoy the Winter Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

Unless you are fortunate enough to take a luxury vacation in the Swiss Alps to enjoy the majestic snow-covered landscapes or sail away to tropical, warm Caribbean breezes, winter can be dull. Here are places you must enjoy while the season lasts, local to the area–no passport required!

When the snow, real or fake, starts falling down, it is time to visit a ski lodge. The Poconos offer many options including Camelback Mountain Resort and Jack Frost Ski Resort. Plan a trip with family and friends and enjoy the day skiing and snowboarding down the slopes. If you aren’t into recreating the Olympics, a day spent snow tubing is just as exhilarating and fun!

If you’re not an adventure-seeker, find a cozy spot in the lodge, curl up with a cup of decadent hot chocolate, the book you have been meaning to read since the fall and Netflix for instant entertainment.

Another option for all of those who thought they could recreate Ice Princess, but were really clutching onto the side rails for dear life, why not enjoy a day in the city at the Blue Cross RiverRink?  

If you don’t want to go too far, take a walk through Wayne. Stop by Dunkin Donuts, Wawa or Starbucks for something warm and take pictures of all of the sparkly, snowy scenery.

If you want to keep things even more local, why not hang out in your dorm and make your own “staycation”? Have a marathon of all of your chick flicks, curl up in your favorite yoga pants and piles of blankets while enjoying the view from your window. Embrace the cold by enjoying your favorite ice cream, without having to go outside.

Jess is a senior communication major and Spanish minor at Cabrini College, a Snow White-like campus in Radnor, Pa. Although she was originally drawn to Cabrini because of the sprawling mansion, she knows Cabrini has much more to offer. She loves to write and was the former Perspectives editor for the school's newspaper, the Loquitur, where she was able to write fun opinion pieces. Jess enjoys being a co-captain for the Cavalier Dance Company and has been dancing since she was 10-years old. Jess cannot live without glitter,lipstick, diet coke and a healthy dose of celebrity gossip. You can catch her rounding up celebrity news and local events each week on Cabrini’s news show, Loqation News. Follow her on Twitter @JessicaParadysz and Instagram: JessicaParadise222.
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.