The Life Of An Overly-Involved College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

When most students enter college, they immediately want to get super involved in their new campus community. Sophomore Anna Laquintano is no exception.

Being a digital communication and social media major, she is involved in all three media the department has to offer: WYBF radio, LOQation news program and the Loquitur newspaper. Laquintano is also an RA, student ambassador and secretary of the Catholic Relief Services chapter here on campus. On top of that she also works within the communication department renting out equipment to other students.

“When I’m not in class I’m working. When I’m not doing either I am probably going to meetings, doing homework or bonding with my residents,” Laquintano said.

She decided to become an RA because of bad roommate experiences and to use the position as an outlet for her leadership skills. She said, “my favorite part would have to be getting to bond with my residents and making door tags and being crafty.”

Laquintano found a love for social justice through her ECG 100 class during her freshman year. “Through that class I realized how passionate I am about different social justice topics and I started attending the meeting and events. Now I love it,” she said. Her passion has even led her to add a social justice minor to her studies.

All of these outside class responsibilities would be overwhelming to the average student. How does she manage to stay on top of it all?

“It’s actually pretty hectic, not going to lie. I’m always on the go but I think just having really good time management skills is super helpful. I also just give myself daily reminder on days when I get tired or lazy,” she said.

Laquintano was one of the recipients for the Nerney Leadership in Community Service award this year at Cabrini Day. It was definitely a testament to all the hard work she has put into her time here at Cabrini trying to make a difference in the lives of others.

Even with all of these current accomplishments in her year and a half at Cabrini, Laquintano is nowhere near done trying to do something extraordinary. “I would eventually love to become the president of CRS Ambassadors, be successful in my major whether that means becoming an editor or managing editor of the paper or executive producer of LOQation. And finally just making a difference or impact on this campus and the world. I want to do something that is going to affect people in a positive way,” she said.

One motto she lives by is from Maya Angelou. It says, “my mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some style.”

Sophomore Digital Communications and Social Media major at Cabrini College. I am involved in LOQtion video news and I am a staff writer for the Loquitur. @ashley_sierzega
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.