Leading For Change As Student Government Association President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

Each year, the student government association at Cabrini College comes together to be the voice of the students at the college. There are a variety of positions available in the club, from senate members organized by grade to an overall executive board. Each year, a new president is elected to represent the student body. This year’s president is senior exercise science and health promotion major Lucia Neuber.

Neuber served as class president her freshman year and continued to be involved throughout her four years as a member. She is in charge of facilitating meetings among the executive board and senate. She delegates tasks and observes that they are completed in a timely matter.

Neuber is also in charge of setting up meetings with college president Dr. Taylor and multiple other cabinet members to discuss issues that the student body would like to see changed.

Anne Fillipone serves as the adviser for the college’s student government association and enjoys working with Neuber.

“Lucy is amazing to work with,” Fillipone said. “She is on top of things and she is so calm in handling the various situations she encounters on a daily basis.

Neuber’s qualities make her the strong leader that she is today.

“Her calm yet steadfast approach is so important in a position like SGA president,” Fillipone said. “It’s always a pleasure working with her.”

“Lucia is very dedicated to SGA and she’s very motivated. She gives all her time and attention to making SGA the best that it can be,” Alyssa Garrison, student body vice president, said. “I admire her commitment to the organization. She is hardworking and a strong leader.

The student government association has accomplished quite a few different things this semester. They have lowered the price of the parking pass for students for next year and have gotten the conversation started about the concerns that students have with the parking on campus. Neuber said that they have many more ideas that they will be discussing once winter break is finished.

“The most rewarding aspect about being on SGA is being able to work with the other amazing leaders on our board,” Neuber said. “With their initiative and creativity, we can accomplish so much and really make a difference for our school.

Neuber serves as more than just the president of the student body. She is also a resident assistant for a group of freshmen students.

Neuber’s impact that she has left will never be forgotten by Cabrini.

Jill Nawoyski is a junior at Cabrini College double majoring in Digital Communications & Social Media and Business Marketing that hails from South Jersey. Jill is currently the Editor in Chief of Cabrini's newspaper, The Loquitur, and spends most of her time in the newsroom. Jill is a lover of the beach, quotes, Marnie the Dog and french fries. In the future, Jill would love to continue her education in graduate school, spend the rest of her life telling stories that matter (either in video or writing) and start a non-profit for youth homelessness. Jill is a firm believer in the fact that the ocean (and Chipotle) can change lives.. And that a third cup of coffee never hurts.
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.