The Journey From High School Sweethearts To Cavaliers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

Many fellow employees and student workers of Tracey Kemery, associate director of enrollment operations, would describe her as friendly, hardworking and fashionable, with a beautiful smile.

However, what many students might not know about Kemery is that she and her husband Tom met before becoming Cavaliers.

Tom and Tracey met at Archbishop Carroll High School right down the road from Cabrini in Wayne, Pa.

“I met Tom because he sat behind me in homeroom sophomore year,” Kemery said. “It’s actually funny because freshman year he sat in front of me so I didn’t know that he existed. Then sophomore year, this kid comes and sits behind me and I’m like, ‘who’s this guy?’”

“We were friends all of sophomore and junior year and then after junior prom we started to hang out and then we started dating. So we’ve been together for 17 years,” Kemery said.

During her senior year of high school, Kemery decided that she would attend Cabrini College to pursue a degree in education while Tom was recruited to play lacrosse for the Cavaliers.

“We both chose at separate times that we were going to come to Cabrini. So we didn’t decide to come here at the same time even though everyone thought that we did, we didn’t,” joked Kemery.

When asked what her favorite part about being a Cabrini Cavalier was, Kemery, who graduated in 2004, answered right away that it was the friendships that made her college experience so memorable.

“The friends that Tom and I made at Cabrini are still our closest friends to this day. Even though we’ve been out of college for a while now we’re still talking about memories that happened 12 years ago like it was yesterday,” Kemery said.

The Kemerys got married in 2008 at St. Denis in Havertown.

“We did think about getting married at the chapel on campus but in 2008 it wasn’t allowed. However, they recently changed the rules so you can get married on campus. I keep saying that we should renew our vows here,” Kemery said.

Tracey and her husband did however get their wedding pictures taken on campus behind the Mansion, by the pond at the Dixon Center and on the driveway that runs towards Upper Gulph.

They have a daughter named Isabel, who is 2 years old.

Although Kemery would not describe her and her husband as Valentine’s Day people, they still have some pretty adorable plans for the upcoming holiday.

“On Valentine’s Day we usually order in and watch some silly romantic movie but maybe this year we’ll do something fun with our 2 year old and take her out to lunch,” Kemery said.

Fun Facts:

Favorite color: Pink

Favorite movie: “The Wedding Planner”

Favorite place on Cabrini’s campus: The Apartments because that’s where all our favorite movies took place.

Dream vacation: Fiji

Favorite food: Anything Italian

Denver, born and raised I have always loved the thrill of exploring life at new heights. This very quest for adventure lead me to my second home, Cabrini College located in Radnor, Pennsylvania. As I continue to grow and learn during my time as a Cabrini Cavalier, I invite you to climb my mountain with me as I seek to take my talents and dreams to new heights.
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.