I Tried Crest Whitening Toothpaste for A Week: Here’s How It Went

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

Everyone wants a whiter smile, right? At least, that’s what all the whitening products on the shelves say. With all those whitening products, how do you choose which one to try? Do you go for the $40 whitening strips, or do you try the less expensive whitening toothpaste?

After taking a look at the price tag of the whitening strips, I opted for the less expensive whitening toothpaste. I tried Crest 3D White Brilliance toothpaste and whitening gel for a week. Here’s how it went.

Here’s how my teeth looked before I tried the toothpaste.

Going into the experiment I didn’t have too high of expectations. I’ve tried whitening toothpaste before with little to no results. The package was fairly inexpensive; I got it for $12 at Target.

It comes with a tube of toothpaste and a tube of whitening gel. The directions say to use twice a day starting with brushing with the toothpaste for one minute, followed by the whitening gel for one minute without rinsing in between.

After only a few days I was able to see results. It wasn’t that my teeth were visibly whiter, but they felt so much cleaner throughout the day. Around the later part of the week I could tell that my teeth weren’t exactly whiter, but they were brighter looking.

This is an inexpensive alternative to whitening strips.

The only part that the packaging overlooked was how long it takes to whiten. I was unable to find anywhere on the packaging as to how long it would take to completely whiten your teeth. After doing some research online, many customers said it would take four weeks to take full effect.

The one thing the packaging did warn was for gum sensitivities. I did experience this earlier on in the week. I noticed using cold water would hurt a bit. Halfway through the week this problem went away.

Although results weren’t instant and my gums were a little sensitive the first few days, I will definitely keep using this product after the experiment is over. If my teeth were even slightly brighter and felt this much better after only a week by only brushing my teeth, this is easily worth the little cost and effort.

Here’s how my teeth looked after a week of using the toothpaste and gel.

This is by far the best whitening toothpaste I have ever tried. I very highly recommend to anyone who wants a whiter smile and wants to save some money and has a few weeks to spare.

I'm a huge lover of writing! As long as I can remember I've been writing. Through lived experiences and my writing I hope to make an impact on the world.
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.