How To Spend A Snow Day In College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

The East Coast saw one of its worst blizzards two weekends ago. This storm was ranked  number 4 of the worst storms Philadelphia has seen. There was about 22.5 inches of snow that fell within 24 hours. Pennsylvania was in a state of emergency and was urged not to travel during the weekend. When you’re stuck, not being able to go anywhere for days on end, there needs to be some type of game plan so you don’t get cabin fever.

Snow days are the best time just to veg-out for a while. There comes a time though that just hanging around in bed gets old. The options may seems endless at first, but there are some things that are more superior to others.

For the Outdoors Person:

With a great amount of snow comes endless possibilities of stuff that you can do outside. The go-to outdoor snow-related activity is sledding. What could be more fun than whizzing down a hill on a sled? If you can scrounge together enough friends you could also have a snowball fight, build a fort or even a massive snowman.

For the Studious Person:

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to catch-up on homework on your day off. Spend a few hours doing the homework you need to, but it’s still a day off! Spend time doing stuff for you too. Read a chapter or two of the book you’ve been wanting to read for a while. Cuddle up next to a window with a good book and some hot chocolate and just enjoy your day.

For the Chill Person:

If a snow days makes you want to do nothing more than absolutely nothing, do exactly that. Spend the day catching up on your favorite TV show or binge watch whatever you’ve added to Your List on Netflix and forgot about. You could also spend the day catching up on the sleep you’ve left behind at the start of the semester.

For the Relaxed Person:

Having a spa day at home is great on a snow day. Having the whole day to pamper yourself can sometimes put you in a better mood when someone hits the play button on life again. Taking a long, relaxing bath or just soaking your hands or feet is a great way to start the pampering. Giving yourself a facial is both relaxing and leaves your skin feeling wonderful. You could either buy inexpensive packages or you could make your own with some simple recipes.

No matter what your preference is when it comes to snow day activities, the possibilities are endless. Still being early into the winter months, there are still high chances that more snow will be in the future. When the world seems to slow down while the snow quietly falls, keep in mind what to do on your day off.

I'm a huge lover of writing! As long as I can remember I've been writing. Through lived experiences and my writing I hope to make an impact on the world.
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.