How Freshmen Feel As Their First Semester Comes To An End

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

As the semester draws to a close, campus is abuzz with students stressing about finals, spreading holiday cheer and waiting anxiously for the semester to be over so they can finally be on break. However, for the class of 2019, this time brings about a sense of accomplishment as well, the completion of their first semester of college.

Take a reflective experience I had recently for example. I was squeezed into a booth at Minella’s the Monday before Thanksgiving when one of my friends said, “We didn’t even know each other four months ago.” We all laughed, but it was true. We didn’t.

If you’re a freshman, it may feel like the day you moved in was just a few weeks ago. On the other hand, you might look back on the first day of classes as if it happened four years ago instead of four months. I for one have found myself thinking both of these things. Time is weird.

Since August, a lot has changed for freshmen students. There are new friends, new classes and a whole new environment. That’s a lot of change to survive. So freshmen, anything that may come your way, you can handle it.  You’ve handled one of life’s biggest transitions. And congrats on finishing your first semester. Here’s to seven more.

Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.