This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

As the holiday season approaches, there are a lot of events to attend. One of the biggest questions around this time of the year, next to what presents to buy for friends, family members or that special someone, is what to wear. Here’s a guide to give you some ideas and make picking out your outfit just a little bit easier. 

Christmas Eve/Holiday Party:

Shirt: Victoria’s Secret

Skirt: Francesa’s (Similar)

Tights: Target

Ballet Flats: DSW (Similar)

The first outfit I chose was a fancier one. This is an outfit that could be worn to a nicer party, a nice dinner out or to Christmas Eve church services. This is a simple but nice looking outfit and adding a pop of color to an otherwise all-black ensemble keeps it cute but classic. 

Sweater: PacSun

Leggings: Forever21

Boots: Shoe Dept.

The second outfit I chose was a more casual outfit, which could be worn for dinner with family, last-minute Christmas shopping or to a more relaxed holiday party. Wearing a Christmas sweater adds a festive touch.

Christmas Eve Night/Christmas Morning:

Pajama Top/Bottoms: Kohl’s (Similar)

Slippers: Victoria’s Secret (Similar)

I always like to have a nice pair of pajamas to wear to bed on Christmas Eve and open presents in on Christmas morning. They add a cute touch to present-unwrapping pictures.

Christmas Day:

Sweater Dress: Garage

Leggings: Forever21

Boots: Charlotte Russe

I chose a sweater dress and leggings as my outfit for Christmas day because it is both cute and comfortable. It will look good in the millions of pictures your family will inevitably take, but also be comfortable to sit around in as you open presents or watch your family members open them.

New Year’s Eve:

Dress: Aeropostale (Similar)

Wedges: Target

This outfit would work for a typical New Year’s Eve party. Long sleeves on the dress make it warmer on a cold night and wearing wedges instead of stilettos allows your feet to be more comfortable on the dance floor.

Sweater: Forever21

Leggings: Forever21

Slippers: Primark

If you’re not the type to go to a New Year’s Eve party and would rather ring in the New Year by ordering food and watching the ball drop with a few friends, this outfit works. It’s cute and will look nice for Instagram pictures with your friends, while still being comfortable to stay up all night.

With some new ideas and your own fashion sense, you’ll now be sure to celebrate the holiday season in style!

Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.