Holiday Makeup Guide: Look Holiday Party Glam For Less

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

Everyone wants that amazing holiday-glam look without the expensive price. Here’s some great and affordable ideas so you can save for all of the last-minute gift shopping!

Add a little glow and color to your cheeks with NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator. Just swipe on your cheeks for a hint of shimmer and highlight. Use alone or with a mix of bronzer and light-pink blush.

To make your look pop, you have to reach for a red lipstick. If there’s any time to pull off a ruby shade, it’s the holidays. You can do this!

What shade of red should you do? For fair to medium tones, a blue-based, almost pink red or true red is best. Swipe on this gorgeous raspberry pink shade, Revlon’s Cherries in the Snow, NYX’s Chaos or Revlon’s Love That Red.

For darker tones, a rich dark cranberry looks amazing! Rimmel London’s Kate Moss Collection in 107 or 30 are gorgeous. Mix it up and wear whatever shade you like best, it’s really up to you!

Now it’s onto eyes–you can never have too much glitter! Embrace warm, golden shades with a hint (or more than a hint) of glitter. Dust the inner corner of your eyes with a champagne or snow-white shade to make them pop. Try out Revlon’s Photo Ready Eye Art in Topaz Twinkle and Hard Candy’s eyeshadow in Infatuation.

For an edgier look, smudge some chocolate-brown eyeshadow at the outer corner of your eyes. Try to keep the color blended if you are doing the bold lip!

Lashes time! If you are like me and swipe on mascara 50 times a day, you will love a long lash look. Use an eyelash curler for some extra definition.

Happy holiday parties!

Jess is a senior communication major and Spanish minor at Cabrini College, a Snow White-like campus in Radnor, Pa. Although she was originally drawn to Cabrini because of the sprawling mansion, she knows Cabrini has much more to offer. She loves to write and was the former Perspectives editor for the school's newspaper, the Loquitur, where she was able to write fun opinion pieces. Jess enjoys being a co-captain for the Cavalier Dance Company and has been dancing since she was 10-years old. Jess cannot live without glitter,lipstick, diet coke and a healthy dose of celebrity gossip. You can catch her rounding up celebrity news and local events each week on Cabrini’s news show, Loqation News. Follow her on Twitter @JessicaParadysz and Instagram: JessicaParadise222.
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.