Campus Cutie Mr. & Miss Cabrini Edition: Morgan Sperratore ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

Name: Morgan Sperratore

Year: Senior

Major: Molecular Biology/Biotechnology

Hometown: Boothwyn, Pa

Activities: Science Club, LEADStrong and Undergraduate Research

Relationship status: Taken

Who nominated you? Orientation

Favorite place on campus? Iadarola Center

Favorite food? Grilled cheese

Favorite movie? Fast and Furious

Favorite color? Purple and camo

Favorite activity to do in your free time? To watch cartoons because I am a child at heart. 

What three words would you use to describe yourself?

Creative, enthusiastic and caring

What would you say has been your proudest moment so far as a Cabrini student?

Being published as a co-author in the Invertebrate Survival Journal and discovering Cabrini’s first Rhodococcus bacteriophage (Bacterial virus).   

How did it feel being nominated for Miss Cabrini?

I am honored to be nominated for this pageant!

How would you describe your ideal date?

My ideal date is going racing with go-karts and then watching TV with Chinese food.

Who inspires you and why?

During my freshman year of college, I was scrolling through my Facebook news feed and found a video about Ashton Kutcher.  He said, “The sexiest thing in the entire world is being really smart, and being thoughtful and being generous. Everything else is crap.”  

I love this inspiring quote because he is completely right! He inspires me to continue my education even when times are tough–be smart, care for others and help them whenever possible–be thoughtful and to give back to the community what they have given to you–be generous.

What is one thing you hope to accomplish before graduating?

One thing I hope to accomplish before graduation is to discover and sequence more bacteriophages (bacterial viruses).

What do you hope to be doing after graduation?

I hope to be working in the field of Forensic Science analyzing missing persons cold cases and to help the families to have closure about their loved ones.

Jill Nawoyski is a junior at Cabrini College double majoring in Digital Communications & Social Media and Business Marketing that hails from South Jersey. Jill is currently the Editor in Chief of Cabrini's newspaper, The Loquitur, and spends most of her time in the newsroom. Jill is a lover of the beach, quotes, Marnie the Dog and french fries. In the future, Jill would love to continue her education in graduate school, spend the rest of her life telling stories that matter (either in video or writing) and start a non-profit for youth homelessness. Jill is a firm believer in the fact that the ocean (and Chipotle) can change lives.. And that a third cup of coffee never hurts.
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.