Campus Cutie Mr. & Miss Cabrini Edition: Georgie Nave ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

Name: Georgie Nave

Year: Senior

Major: History and Political Science and a minor in English

Hometown: Norristown, Pa

Activities: Honors Program, Theatre Program, Academic Honesty Board, Student Grievance Board, Student Government Association, Peer Mentor, College Success Co-Facilitator, Classroom Coach, Orientation Leader, Study Abroad – London, Young Americans for Liberty Cabrini Chapter Co-Founder, Secretary & Treasurer, member of the Alpha Lambda Delta, Delta Epsilon Sigma, Lambda Iota Tau, Phi Alpha Theta and Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Societies, President of Alpha Psi Omega Honor Society.

Relationship status: Taken

Who nominated you? Student Government

Favorites:

Color: Blue

Animal: Hedgehog

Food: Filet Oscar

Movie: Black Hawk Down

Place on campus: The theatre and gym

What three words would you use to describe yourself?

Personable, humorous and selfless

What would you say has been your proudest moment so far as a Cabrini student?

That’s a really hard and loaded question with so many opportunities that Cabrini has offered me. I would probably say my proudest moment at Cabrini was either to study abroad in London, where there was so much that I learned and experienced that defined me as an individual because I love history and culture. [I also did] undergraduate research with Dr. Hedke. It was such a privilege and an honor that a faculty member thought so highly of me intellectually that he asked me help write a book.

How did it feel being nominated for Mr. Cabrini?

Bittersweet. Sweet because of having done it before [and] it’s a really enjoyable night but bitter because I haven’t won it.

How would you describe your ideal date?

My ideal date is any duration of time doing anything at all with the person I care about the most that puts a smile on her face.

Who inspires you and why?

My mom-mom and pop-pop. My mom-mom and pop-pop because I don’t think I’ve ever met two people and I don’t think I ever will meet two people that give as much as they do and love and care about people as much as they do. They are by far the two most beautiful, caring people I have ever met.

My mom and dad because they both work very hard, they still both work two jobs each to basically do everything for my brother and me so that we can have a life that was better than theirs.

My friend Lenny. Lenny has been one of my best friends since kindergarten for 12 years straight. College is the first time we didn’t go to school together. The reason Lenny inspires me is because Lenny experienced a snowboard accident where he fell off a jump and landed directly on his neck. They said to him that he would never walk again and basically he would be paralyzed for the rest of his life and he fought harder than I have ever seen anyone fight before and today is able to stand up and walk wherever he please. He’s a miracle, honestly.

What is one thing you hope to accomplish before graduating?

To be able to say that I came here and did everything that I wanted to do, to have done well and give people a reason to smile when they hear my name.

What do you hope to be doing after graduation?

I hope to be working or to be attending graduate school in the United Kingdom and to be enjoying life as much I can.

Mackenzie is a senior digital communication and social media major with a minor in social justice at Cabrini College in Radnor, Pa and is the Co-Correspondent for Cabrini's HerCampus chapter. She loves spending time and talking to people around her, traveling, writing poetry and painting. Mackenzie is a fitness enthusiast, animal lover and hopes to one day create her own non-profit for vulnerable children. When she isn't running around all over campus or working at any of her three jobs, you can usually find her anywhere there is food. To read more about her visit here: https://mackenzieromaineharris.wordpress.com/
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.