Campus Cutie Mr. & Miss Cabrini Edition: Emily Janis ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

Name: Emily Janis

Year: Senior

Major: Communion and a minor in Political Science

Hometown: Wallingford, Pa

Activities: LeadStrong, Colleges Against Cancer, Student Government, Homecoming Committee, SEaL office worker, Student Diversity Office Intern, Resident Assistant

Relationship status: Currently on the market

Who nominated you? Diversity Office

Favorites

Place on campus: Jazzman’s

Color: Cabrini Blue

Animal: Dog. I have a Bichon Frise named Emma.

Movie: Age of Adeline

What three words would you use to describe yourself?

Determined, organized and persistent

What would you say has been your proudest moment so far as a Cabrini student?

My junior year, I was inducted into Omicron Delta Kappa, the National Leadership Honors Society.

How did it feel being nominated for Miss Cabrini?

I felt honored and very surprised! I am excited for the experience and it is an honor to be nominated for something like this to represent the college.

How would you describe your ideal date?

Light dinner and drinks on the pier, looking over the water at sunset.

Who inspires you and why?

My mom. She’s been there for me from the beginning, she raised me. She’s encouraged me and told me to always go for my dreams, while being realistic. She has supported me and is helping me to this day to get through college.

What is one thing you hope to accomplish before graduating?

Working towards my goals in my internship.

What do you hope to be doing after graduation?

I would love to get a job right out of college working for a student life department in a school somewhere down south. The dream is Vanderbilt in Nashville.

Jess is a senior communication major and Spanish minor at Cabrini College, a Snow White-like campus in Radnor, Pa. Although she was originally drawn to Cabrini because of the sprawling mansion, she knows Cabrini has much more to offer. She loves to write and was the former Perspectives editor for the school's newspaper, the Loquitur, where she was able to write fun opinion pieces. Jess enjoys being a co-captain for the Cavalier Dance Company and has been dancing since she was 10-years old. Jess cannot live without glitter,lipstick, diet coke and a healthy dose of celebrity gossip. You can catch her rounding up celebrity news and local events each week on Cabrini’s news show, Loqation News. Follow her on Twitter @JessicaParadysz and Instagram: JessicaParadise222.
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.