Campus Cutie: Justin Juliano ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

Name: Justin Juliano

Year: Senior

Major: Business Administration

Hometown: Havertown, Pa.

Activities: Student Government Association, Student Ambassador, President of Omicron Delta Kappa, member of the business honors society, chairman of funding committee

Relationship status: Flying solo

Favorites:

Color: Red

Animal: Dog

Movie: Christmas Vacation

TV show: Modern Family

Song: Any Christmas carol

Place on campus: Jazzman’s

What is your favorite thing about Christmas?

I love spending time with family, I love all the Christmas spirit, the Christmas carols; red’s my favorite color so I love the colors of Christmas. It’s just a great time of year, I just really like everything that Christmas stands for.

What are some of the ways you get into the Christmas spirit?

Every year I dress up as Santa for my family and then I go back to my high school, I dress up for the little pre-school programs, so it’s fun to see all the little kids get really excited–they tell me what they want for Christmas.

Christmas preparations in my family start way before Thanksgiving, we get really into it. We always have a big Christmas Eve dinner. We do the seven fishes, which is the Italian tradition and we usually have like 25 or 30 people over so we’re always preparing and Christmas music is always on earlier and earlier every year like right after Halloween.

So you also go all out with decorating your house?

Yeah, I don’t even know how we got into it. My dad always decorated and me and my brothers would just kind of stand out there and watch. We would stand out there in the freezing cold and watch him do it and my mom would just say, “Are you guys coming in yet?” Then when I got into middle school, we just started to really, really get involved in it. Twice when I was in high school, we were featured on the news for it. Bob Kelly from Fox 29 came out to our house and interviewed us, did a big shot of the lights so it’s really fun. I like bright things.

Pick one: Relaxing on the beach or decorating for Christmas?

Definitely decorating for Christmas, definitely. It only comes once a year; you can go to the beach [any time] so definitely Christmas.

What’s it like to be an entrepreneur of your business Tag-R-Up Designs as a college student?

It’s stressful at times because you have to balance schoolwork and you have to balance getting stuff done and making sales because that’s what it’s about. But it’s also fun and I like to be able to relate what I’m learning in class to what I’m actually doing with my business so it’s a big learning experience, which I really like too.

How would you describe your ideal date?

Probably dinner at a nice restaurant and then if it’s around Christmastime, a nice stroll through the snow at Longwood Gardens or just in downtown Philadelphia–any place where there’s a lot of Christmas spirit and a lot of Christmas cheer. And hot chocolate…with marshmallows!

Who do you look up to the most?

Probably my parents. They’ve always been a big inspiration for me, they’ve always pushed me to go further and strive to do great things. That sounds really corny but it’s really true.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I definitely would like to be in some type of leadership or management role at a company, possibly an international company so that I could have some travel involved. Definitely working hard in my career and putting my college education to good use.

Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.