Alternative Study Breaks for Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

Now you don’t have to fall into the Netflix void.

Go to the gym

Exercise produces endorphins in the brain, which make you happy. It is also a great way to relieve stress, keep your body healthy and your mind clear.

Cook/Bake

If you are fortunate enough to have a kitchen in your building then use it. You could even get some of your friends to help so they can take a break too. It will also be a nice change from dining hall food.

Take a Walk

Walk around campus or walk around the town your college is located in. The fresh air will help clear your head of that writer’s block on your 10-page paper and give you a break from flipping through flashcards.

Watch a Movie

I know this one is going against the no Netflix concept of this article, but watching a movie is better than getting lost in the “next episode” loop. A movie usually lasts about 90 minutes to two hours and doesn’t leave you with a cliffhanger that makes you want to go “just one more episode.”

Go for a Coffee Run

Starbucks, Dunkin’, Wawa or the cute little coffee shop down the street. Coffee is the lifeblood of college students and caffeine is a must to survive finals. An afternoon pick-me-up will help you recharge and get back to studying.

Start Packing

I know it sounds sad and you don’t want to leave school, but slowly boxing up your things will help you not have to rush when it is time to go. If you don’t live far from school, have your parents come up and take a load home or pick a day to take it home yourself.

Sophomore Digital Communications and Social Media major at Cabrini College. I am involved in LOQtion video news and I am a staff writer for the Loquitur. @ashley_sierzega
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.