6 Ways You Can Embrace Fall: Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Haunted Houses, Vampy Lipsticks, Oh My!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

When your Instagram feed is full of delicious, caffeine-laced pumpkin-spice lattes, comfy flannel shirts and artsy shots of burgundy leaves falling to the ground, you know it’s fall. Don’t feel ashamed of the strong desire to post these semi-clichéd pictures.

Fall is the best. Drink that latte with pride! Here are six ways you and your friends can fully enjoy autumn, make some cute Insta posts and, more importantly, make fun memories:

1) Make your space spooky and cute

Maybe your room still has the jail-cell feel because of cinderblock walls, but it’s time to make your space cozy and spooky. Hang up colorful tapestries and add fuzzy throw blankets in rich fall colors. Lighting is key. Who said Christmas lights are only for December? Hang up strings of purple and orange lights and add some sweet candles to your space (hint: pumpkin spice or vanilla cupcake, anyone?). If you can’t have real candles, look into battery-operated or Scentsy candles. If you want to be a little daring, add fake cobwebs and candelabras to your living room.

2) Trick or Treat?

Age is just a number: just because you’re a little old for trick-or-treating, doesn’t mean you can’t do something a little sweet and scary. Grab your roomies and spent a gorgeous fall day at a local farm. Linvilla Orchard is only 20 minutes from campus. Pick out pumpkins, eat delectable fall treats and go on a hayride. When the sun goes down, visit Eastern State Penitentiary or the Bates Motel for a night of scary fun.

3) Scary Movie Marathons

Chilly and slightly stormy nights are the perfect time to curl up and watch a movie. Make up some popcorn, apple cider and pumpkin cookies and dare to watch a horror flick or show. Check out Scream Queens Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on Fox. Lady Gaga and Matt Bomer star in the new season of American Horror Story on FX. If you want to stay away from anything too gory, no one will judge you for watching Hocus Pocus or Twilight.  If you want to add a twist to your scary movie watching experience, make a drinking game out of the movies you watch—just be safe!

4) Dress Up

Who said you can’t dress up? Halloween is exciting because you can be someone else for the night. Do you want to be a sexy princess or glamorous movie star? Go for it! There are many fun options at Party City. You can coordinate costumes with your friends and even DIY them by swapping clothes.

5) Dress Down

The crisp weather means it’s sweater and legging season. Nothing compares to the comfort of a pair of leggings and a warm, fleece sweatshirt.

6) Embrace Fall Colors

Autumn is amazing because it’s finally acceptable to rock vampy lips and nails and not look like you’re an extra from True Blood. Have fun with rich, burgundy, cranberry and black cherry lips, rosy cheeks and champagne/golden shadows.

No matter what you do this fall, enjoy the season and have fun! Happy haunting!

Jess is a senior communication major and Spanish minor at Cabrini College, a Snow White-like campus in Radnor, Pa. Although she was originally drawn to Cabrini because of the sprawling mansion, she knows Cabrini has much more to offer. She loves to write and was the former Perspectives editor for the school's newspaper, the Loquitur, where she was able to write fun opinion pieces. Jess enjoys being a co-captain for the Cavalier Dance Company and has been dancing since she was 10-years old. Jess cannot live without glitter,lipstick, diet coke and a healthy dose of celebrity gossip. You can catch her rounding up celebrity news and local events each week on Cabrini’s news show, Loqation News. Follow her on Twitter @JessicaParadysz and Instagram: JessicaParadise222.
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.