The 6 Emotions of Class Registration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

It’s that time again. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Optimism

Thinking about next semester with a clean slate, a fresh schedule and a huge list of classes you are able to take.

Realization

After you make your schedule, you remember you have to wake up at 7 a.m. to register and the anxiety that comes with being locked out of signing up for that class you want begins.

Anxiety

As you are logging into your account to finally sign up for the new semester, a huge wave of nerves hits you because you realize how badly your schedule will be messed up if you can’t get into that required class you need to take.

Complaining

It’s time to register and you already see that one of your classes is full. You start complaining to your roommate about how crazy it is that the class is already full and can’t believe this is happening to you again this year.

Desperation

Once you realize complaining won’t help you get into that class you desperately need to take this semester, you start thinking of the ways you can get into the class. You send out frantic emails to the professor teaching the class begging them to sign you in before it’s too late.

Relief

The professor calmly emails you back allowing you to be signed into the class and all your doubts about this registration process go away. After being in panic mode all morning, your schedule is finally set for next semester. Time to go back to sleep!

Alexa is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication. When she is not defending her north jersey roots, she is a co anchoring for the Cabrini Lifestyles show. She is very outgoing and loves spending time with family and friends. She hopes to one day work in the marketing or public relations field. Nordstrom obsessed. Avid mermaid believer.
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.