6 Easy Ways To Bond With Your Roommates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

College can be tough, between managing your schoolwork and your social life. Sometimes connecting with your roommates may fall low on your list of things to do, they may have different majors, different schedules or play sports. Bonding with your roommates is extremely important because, let’s face it, you do have to live with them. Here are some fun ways to bond with your roommates when it seems like there is no time for anyone or anything.

Go shopping together

Have fun walking around the King of Prussia Mall and do some window shopping and maybe buy that cute shirt you’ve been eyeing to wear out this weekend.

Have a movie night

Sometimes a low key night is needed with your roommates. So pick a movie, make some popcorn and maybe open a bottle of wine and enjoy a night in.

Redecorate your room

Picking out some new posters or hanging some pictures up with each other is a fun way to spruce up your dorm room and have fun with your roommate at the same time.

Have a roommate dinner and cook for each other

Pick a recipe and cook dinner with your roomie. It is a fun way to have a home cooked meal and skip going to the cafeteria. Somewhere between the sleepless night and hiding in the library, you both forgot what it was like to sit down and have a good meal. Sit down and enjoy a meal that doesn’t require you to swipe your Cabrini ID in order to pay for it.

Go to a party together

Sure there are most nights you and roomie may do your own thing but make it a point to go out together. Have fun and learn more about each other by stepping out into the party scene together and enjoy the weekend. Maybe even order some late-night pizza together.

Study together

Sometimes hiding out in the library can get pretty lonely and boring but if you go with your roommate, it can be a little less painful while studying for that big science test. Not to mention, your roommate can always encourage you to take those well-deserved food and chit-chat breaks.

Alexa is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication. When she is not defending her north jersey roots, she is a co anchoring for the Cabrini Lifestyles show. She is very outgoing and loves spending time with family and friends. She hopes to one day work in the marketing or public relations field. Nordstrom obsessed. Avid mermaid believer.
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.