10 Inexpensive Date Ideas for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

1. Movies and heart shaped pizza from Papa John’s

There’s a million rom-coms to choose from, or just pick any movie from your favorite genre! Papa John’s pizza deal is only $15! You choose one topping and get a Cinnapie!

2. Turn your home into a spa

Light some candles and put on relaxing music. Give each other massages and face masks. Maybe your bae will even paint your toes.

3. Bowling

Who doesn’t love a little friendly competition? This can even be a double date! Girls vs. guys never fails to be a good time. Make things interesting by making a bet.

4. Cook dinner together

Who needs to go to a fancy restaurant? Find a new recipe that you both want to try, buy what you need and get to the kitchen. Maybe a little flirty food fight will happen?

5. Board games

Break out your old board games that have been collecting dust in a closet since the year 2000. See if you still remember how to play and swap stories about times when you played them as kids.

6. Frozen yogurt or ice cream

Even though it’s February and a little chilly outside, your favorite frozen treat can still put a smile on your face. “One banana split with two spoons please.” Most fro-yo places are serve yourself so you can both get creative and make a big bowl to share.

7. Build a fort

This can be where you watch movies, play games or just do whatever you want.

8. Ice skating

Indoor and outdoor rinks can be really romantic. This is also prime time to hold hands.

9. Coffee

Starbucks has special Valentine’s Day drinks you can go and try. If you’re not into mainstream coffee, you can try a local shop.

10. Video games

If you’re a gaming couple then having a tournament is the perfect night for you two. Try each other’s favorite games or try out a new one.

Sophomore Digital Communications and Social Media major at Cabrini College. I am involved in LOQtion video news and I am a staff writer for the Loquitur. @ashley_sierzega
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.