Wilson Jones ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Year-

Freshmen

Major- 

Finance with a concentration in Real Estate

Hometown-

Little Rock, Arkansas

Favorite thing about Charleston?

I really love all of the culture. From the art, shopping, FOOD, history, and 
festivals I just love it all. Plus the fact that there are palm trees everywhere and 
from anywhere on campus you are a 15-minute walk to the water and a 15-
minute drive to the beach is pretty awesome.

Favorite movie?

It really depends on the mood. For a classic drama I love Sunset Blvd. (1950), for 
a modern, fun drama the new Great Gatsby is really good, and for a good laugh I 
can always go to Mean Girls or Easy A.

Describe your ideal first date:

An ideal first day would always include good food because I will take any excuse 
I can get to eat good food, and then a nice walk just to have a conversation is 
always great.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

Somewhere along the Mediterranean, I have to have warm weather and an 
ocean or I will just go crazy. Plus being close to all of the things Europe has to 
offer would be pretty great.

Random fun fact about you that not many know:

I love cars and boats. My father is a big car and boat guy so I just kind of grew up 
loving nice cars and boats.

Number one thing on your bucket list:

I really want to learn how to fly a plane. I think it would be awesome to be able 
to just drive to the airport and hop into your plane and fly somewhere completely 
different from wherever you are. (It is hard for me to stay in one place for too 
long.)

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

Teleportation. How awesome would it be to just snap your fingers and be wherever 
you want? Say there was a great event in the Olympics and I could just snap my 
fingers and be in the stands. Or there could be bad weather here and I could just 
snap my fingers and be on a beautiful island somewhere. That would be awesome.
Lindsey is currently a senior at the College of Charleston in South Carolina, originally from New England and New Jersey. She is a Marketing major with a minor in Communications. Her dream is to somehow work within the entertainment/fashion industry, whether it's writing, advertising, PR, supervising, etc. Other than acting as president of HerCampus CofC, she is also a campus tour guide, a VP on Panhellenic Council, a member of Delta Gamma, and a founding member of Committed to Charleston, among other things. She loves keeping busy and couldn't imagine it any other way.