This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Alright, let’s talk about TikTok, “the new vine” if you will. You can deny as much as you want that you love it. You can claim to despise it, thinking it’s lame or claiming not to watch them, but the truth is YOU WATCH THEM. We all do; it’s okay. “I don’t have that stupid app,” well you have Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and a mom who likes to send you funny videos, so you don’t need the app. I personally thoroughly enjoy TikTok. It’s hilarious and quite relatable. It, of course, has its cringe moments, but I choose to ignore those. There are so many videos and I could literally sit on my bed and watch them for two hours, which is where the danger comes in. Once you actually download the app, YOU WILL become addicted. It starts with you scrolling through whenever you get bored or just to pass some time. Then you start sharing them with your friends (this is where you’ve gone wrong). Next thing you know, every song, every quote, every dance is burned into your brain and instead of listening to your professor in class, you’ve got a TikTok sound playing on a loop in your brain while you wonder what the rest of the song actually sounds like. You don’t want to admit it, and that’s fair, but the truth is, we have become obsessed. Essentially TikTok is a drug, you will have fun, you’ll love it, but it may very well ruin your life all at the same time.  

Hi I'm Autumn, I'm from Lancaster South Carolina not too far from Charleston.I'm a freshman this year at CofC. My major is leaning towards Computing in the Arts. I enjoy laughing, A LOT, I also enjoy attempting to make others laugh. I'm a bit of an optimist so I try to take that and use it to make life a little better each day.