Photo of a "Love" sign
Photo of a "Love" sign
Rebecca Karlous
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Why My Boyfriend is My Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Call me obsessed, but my boyfriend is my best friend in the entire world. Of course, I love my friends so much and have a unique relationship with all of them, but nothing compares to my relationship with him. I’ve known him for 6 years now and everyday I find new things to love about him. We’ve had our ups and downs over time, but each obstacle brings us closer. I feel like I can trust him with anything, and that’s something I’ve never experienced with anyone else. He supports my goals and dreams when I feel like the world is against me, and for that, I will always be thankful. No matter how bad I feel or look, he always reminds me that I’m beautiful. Thanks to him, my confidence has grown so much. With his support, I know I can conquer anything in life, and if things do fail, he’ll be there to help me try again.

If your partner doesn’t make you feel like the best version of yourself, leave them and find someone who deserves you. Settling for someone who doesn’t bring out the best in you is just going to bring you down over time. No matter what your sexual orientation or circumstances are, you deserve a partner who is your best friend and treats you with the respect you deserve. Take your time, be picky, and choose wisely because you owe nothing to anyone but yourself. Actions speak much louder than words, so beware. Your mental health is worth so much more than a toxic relationship.

Zelda Proveaux is a freshman at the College of Charleston. She is majoring in Communications and wants to have a career in digital marketing. In her free time, Zelda enjoys listening to music and being around animals, especially cute pups!