This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

I don’t know about you, but this humidity lately is nothing but a drag. Walking to every class drenched in sweat is getting old. As much as I love summer and all that it entails, I am more than ready for fall, the best season of them all, to come around. Right now. And this is why:

Obvious. But the Weather!

Fall time is that perfect mixture of not too cold and not too far into the depths of hell. It’s the perfect temperature for sitting around a bonfire and sipping on a warm drink. The cool breezes, the slight chill…there is nothing like fall air. 

Sweaters!

I am a huge sweater person. I may have bought every single sweater Forever 21 sells last season, so for that reason, I am ready to break them all out and get comfy. It’s the time of the year where you don’t have to stare into your closet for hours. You will look super cute, and its effortless! Did I mention comfy? Don’t despair any longer! Fall is (almost) here. Which means I will be wearing a sweater every day of the week.

Boots!

Maybe this should have been included with the sweaters, but I feel like this deserves a whole separate paragraph dedicated to itself. I love boots. Whether you’re wearing them knee high or you prefer a bootie, with or without a heel, they make every outfit pop and keep your feet warm for the cooler days. 

The Food! The Drinks!

Pumpkin spice and everything nice. If you like pumpkin spice, congratulations, because during this time of the year everything you can think of is sold in that flavor. Coffee? Done. Cookies? Yep. Spam? You guessed it! (Not joking). But if pumpkin spice isn’t your cup of joe, maybe you’re excited for all the warm and tastey fall chili’s or some fresh apple cider. Whatever it is, I am ready for it all! Minus the spam…

Fall Festivities!

Another great reason to love fall – theres so much to do! From pumpkin patches, to corn mazes, and don’t forget Halloween! During the fall semester we also get to enjoy some time off during fall break and Thanksgiving (more great food) – the perfect time to gather around a campfire, get your Insta-worthy pumpkin patch pics, and spend time with your favorite people.

Even though South Carolina is a little late on the fall train, I am waiting with open arms for it, for all of those reasons. Fall is just the coziest time of the year, and a great time to do fun things with those who mean the most. 

Hi, my name is Samantha! I am a senior here at the College of Charleston and am majoring in psychology. My interests include music, beauty, fitness, good food, and the city of Charleston!