What’s Inside a C of C Girl’s Tote?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

This may be a bit nosy of me, but I am always curious about what girls carry in their tote bags. I want to know things such as what book they are reading, what lip-gloss they wear, or what cosmetic case they use. Starting from the top left and working clockwise, here is a list of everything in my Black Longchamp bag for all of you curious girls out there to peak into. Now remember, this is just an example. You can come up with your own ingredients to fill your tote of choice to conform to your lifestyle. 

My Planner & Sticky Notes: This is an essential content of my bag. I am completely lost without my planner! I used to use a Lily Pulitzer one, but I switched over to this one from Office Depot for 2013. I write everything down from dates with friends, homework, and movie release dates. 

Pencil Case: I absolutely adore this Kate Spade pencil case. I have had it since middle school and I will probably never use another pencil holder. In it is one of my favorite pens. 

Wallet: This Marc by Marc Jacobs wallet actually matches one of my other bags, and it keeps my money and cards nicely organized. It provides easy and functional access for those moments when you are in a hurry. 

Sunglasses: I switch out my sunglasses frequently. This pair is by Michael Kors. 

Cosmetic Case: This was a birthday present. I try to fit every girly item I possibly can in this tiny case, including lipgloss, oil blotters, bobby pins, and perfume. 

Camilla States is a member of the class of 2015 at The College of Charleston.  She hails from the seaside town of Gloucester, Massachusetts, where she enjoys spending her summers on both land and sea.  A Communications major also pursuing a minor in Political Science, Camilla aspires for a future career in broadcast or print journalism. She is also studying Modern Standard Arabic, with hopes of one day becoming proficient in the language. From a young age, Camilla has held a fascination for world geography and foreign cultures.  She hopes to someday traverse the world, from New England to New Zealand and everywhere in between.