What Shows Will Get You Through Hurricane Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

If you’re like me, during evacuation days or canceled class days, the last thing I want to do is school work. What a better way to spend my wheater days than binge watching a new show (or an old show that I know the lines before they say it)? So here is a list of shows that will get you through hurricane season.

Starting off with a classic, The Office. While the wind is beating at your windows and the rain is pounding on your roof, this is a foolproof show that will distract you from the impending storm. You will laugh until you cry, instead of plain crying about stress of catching up on the classes you’re missing. You can also think of some great drinking games, start with every time Pam says “Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam” and every time Michael Scott makes a cringe worthy joke and you’ll be on the floor in no time.

Image Source

Next is Riverdale. This riveting new show based on your favorite old comic with your childhood heartthrob is the perfect show to binge watch on your precious days off. It will definitely distract you because if you miss one second you might miss a crucial key in finding out who killed Jason Blossom. The soundtrack and cinematography are good enough reasons alone to watch is amazing season one, but don’t forget season two is just around the corner.

Image Source

An oldie but a goodie, Gossip Girl, is always on the list of binge watching, whether it’s a hurricane day, weekday or a holiday; Gossip Girl is the answer! While it’s unrealistic and over the top dramatic, isn’t that exactly what you want in a time of hurricane stress? Watching the ups and downs of Serena’s love life and the numerous cat fights Blair gets herself into are beneficial to the soul and to avoiding homework.

Image Source

Can’t forget One Tree Hill, in your time of need, the Ravens and the comforting Karen’s Cafe will always be there. The love triangles.. Squares?… octagons? or whatever shape you come up with after counting the romances will be a vacation for your mind. Everyone’s favorite boy from the 90’s, Chad Michael Murray, will be the perfect hurricane buddy as you watch his struggle against his father, joining the ravens, and his battle with a heart condition.

Image Source

Saving the best for last (at least in my opinion), Blue Bloods. Even if you don’t like cop shows or autopsies, this show will captivate you for hours. You will fall in love with the Reagans as they solve crimes, keep New York City safe and eat family dinner. You are sure to laugh, smile and cry as the show goes on and you become fully invested as if you were a Reagan yourself. My favorite thing about the show that sets Blue Bloods apart from all other police shows is that in every episode someone doesn’t have to die, in most episodes the abducted child is found or the old man with alzheimer’s is returned home.

Image Source

During this hurricane season those shows will for sure help you through, but if your power is out, I can’t help you; hunker down with a good book and a bag of goldfish and good luck!

I am a Sophomore at the College, I am a double major in Communications & French and Francophone Studies. I am half from Florida and half from South Carolina. I am apart of the Catholic Student Association and the French National Honors Society on campus, and was previously a Communications Director of SGA. I love running, traveling, puppies, coffee, disney and food (especially chocolate and french food).
A future historian who has a love of all things pink, a serious coffee addiction, and a passion to spread self-love.