sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

What to Get Him For Valentine’s Day This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Valentine’s day is rapidly approaching and the clock is ticking to find the perfect gift for your special someone. When that special person is a man, it can be somewhat hard to know what to get them. Valentine’s day is one of those weird holidays. Most of the stereotypical gifts are targeted towards women traditionally (which is a problem in and of itself)

Is your boyfriend super into cooking… or eating?

Uncommongoods.com

Consider getting him a new, nice, fancy spice that you think he might like to experiment with. Does he like things hot? Find him a gourmet hot sauce. Or better yet, get him a kit to make his own. Cooking supplies that are specialized to their favorite type of cuisine, such as a salsa maker, is great. Also getting a personalized or funny apron, spatula, or grill brush is always good.

Is he big into grooming?

lush.com

Ever considered a cool shaving kit, new toiletry case, or LUSH product! LUSH has a great selection of scents, moisturizers, hair treatments, shampoos, etcetera that the groomer would love. Also, if you have the cash, a nice new razor is a great practical gift!

Is he all about music?

slyvinyl.com

Get him concert tickets! Even if they’re to a small venue and for a not particularly recognized band. The experience with you will be enough for him. Does he have a record player? Get him limited edition, cool vinyls like these! Get him a cool guitar strap or music poster.

Is he super sporty or athletic?

royalcarribean.com

New running, hiking, swimming, etc. gear is always nice and practical plus you can get him bundles of cheaper options so it can be multiple gifts. Consider also offering to do his favorite physical activity with him – take him rock climbing or plan a weekend hiking trip together.

Is he a little boujee

groupon.com

If you have the cash, consider scheduling a couples massage or a getaway weekend! Go for the matching bathrobes. Maybe even splurge on the nice champagne.

Is he all about the experience?

videoblocks.com

Valentine’s gifts don’t have to be objects! In fact, it’s best if you have more than just a trinket or even nice physical present for someone. Take him to a romantic park, go on a picnic, go bowling, watch the sunset. Who says the guy has to plan the romantic outings?

Get him some traditional gifts because it’s cute and fun!

giftbasket.com

Why not buy him some chocolates and a cute teddy bear? Who doesn’t love that? Consider getting him a collection of his favorite candy and wrapping it in a cute way. Maybe even make cute candy puns.

Hannah Bain

C of C '21

Sophomore, feminist, vegetarian, seventies-loving lady.