This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, collegiettes, and it’s the ultimate excuse to wear all of the reds, pinks, hearts, and florals that your Rom-Com dreams desire!  Remember how exciting Valentine’s Day was in elementary school?  Everyone wore their cheesy coordinated heart shirt and legging combo and eagerly awaited the time to exchange Valentine’s cards with their best friends.  Why not channel your inner six year old self and go all out this Valentine’s Day?!  I’m not suggesting that you pull out the old matching shirt and leggings from holidays past…but you should never forget to have fun with fashion – especially when it’s a celebration!  Whether on a romantic date with your boyfriend or a movie night with your best friends, take on the night with love in your heart and in your clothes.

Cut Out Hearts

These cut out heart dresses are perfect for Valentine’s Day!  Wear them with tights and combat boots for a day time look or dress them up with heels for a sweet dinner date with your boyfriend.  Wearing a cardigan over the dress will add a hint of surprise when you take off the cardigan once you get to the restaurant.  Curious about what gift to get your guy?  Buy him a tie to match your dress and give it to him a day early or leave him a little note and drop it off at his doorstep a few hours before your date.

Florals

An ultra-girly option for this Valentine’s Day is floral dresses.  Florals are more suited for a day look – perhaps a picnic lunch date or simply a day shopping with friends.  However, to quickly transform a floral dress to a night look, throw on your favorite faux-leather jacket.  Contrasting edgy accessories with a soft, girly vibe is an instant way to create a chic look.  Any reason you give me to wear a flower crown, I will be there in a heartbeat – and I am officially stating that Valentine’s Day is a great reason for flower crowns.  Make your own by buying some artificial flowers at the local dollar store and hot gluing them to a headband.  Be prepared to stand out with this bold accessory!

Movie Night Sweaters

These cozy quirky sweaters are fun for a lazy movie night in surrounded by your best friends. Be cute, comfortable, and festive!  Pair the sweater with jeans, a skirt, or leggings – whatever fits the occasion! Don’t forget to reflect the Valentine’s theme in your accessories! Heart earrings, sunglasses, necklaces – you name it.  There are almost no limits to holiday style; if you think it’s too much, it’s probably just right.

Kaylee is a sophomore at the College of Charleston from Franklin, Virginia.  She has a passion for all of the arts from writing to dance to fashion.  Hoping to one day pursue a career as a museum curator, she is planning to double major in Arts Management and Historic Preservation with a minor in Communication.  Outside of Her Campus, Kaylee is the executive assistant of the CofC Fashion Club and a member of Circle K.