Gilmore Girls
Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros Television

8 TV Shows and Movies You Need to Rewatch Immediately

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Lately, rewatch podcasts are becoming extremely popular as many iconic actors and actresses are coming together to talk about scenes in classic shows and movies, and I am all here for it. Naturally, there is nothing better than sitting down and reliving your favorite parts of your favorite show so, here is a list of some of the best tv shows and movies you all need to rewatch right now! And if you haven’t seen any of these before, queen, get on it! Tis the season for binge-watching!

PS: Here is a rewatch playlist from the best songs and scenes of the listed shows and movies because the soundtracks are 10/10!

*May contain some spoilers*

Gilmore Girls

Recently I have been watching Gilmore Girls because it is the ultimate comfort show and perfectly recreates a cozy small-town atmosphere during the winter season! Not to mention the characters are immaculate, and I would love to have a relationship like Luke and Lorelai’s—they seriously are the otp! We also love Rory and her three men—Dean, Jess, and Logan—who have sparked a debate over which one was the best. Personally, I am a Logan girl—a College of Charleston alumni—but you have to watch to see for yourself!

One Tree Hill

The first time I started to watch One Tree Hill was in middle school, and I am still obsessed with this show. It seriously does not get old. Every single character is extremely different; however, each one of their character development throughout the series is one of the reasons why I love it so much. Just a few notes that everyone has to hear: Nathan and Haley are absolute goals, we do not approve of Dan Scott at all, and the music in the show is soo good. Go Tree Hill Ravens!

Gossip Girl

Spotted: HBO’s reboot about your favorite Upper East Siders is not it. There is no way to ever replace the most iconic members of Manhattan’s Elite, so I implore you to skip it and rewatch the original. It’s just not worth it! With that being said, everything about the original Gossip Girl is a work of art—except for Serena and Dan’s endgame relationship, but we don’t talk about that. S & B’s friendship, Nate Archibald, and of course, the series-long tension between Chuck Bass and Blair are all reasons why you need to rewatch it right now. xoxo.

The Vampire Diaries

Okay, I mean, without a doubt, this show is a classic! If you haven’t seen it yet just please go watch it for the mere idea of looking at the Salvatore brothers. I promise you, you won’t be disappointed. I watched this show at my peak in middle school, and I still am obsessed with it. There is so much drama in every season, the characters are all stunning, and the plot-line is very unpredictable at times, which is one of the reasons why this show is so good!

The Notebook

Yes, I know this is the most basic movie on the list because I’m pretty sure almost every single girl has either heard about or watched The Notebook at least once in their life. But, I am a sucker for a good Nicholas Sparks book/film because the young love stories fuel my hopeless romantic energy. I’m not sure why I always come back to this movie expecting a light-hearted romance because some parts will have you bawling for hours afterward, but it never fails whenever I want a rewatch!
PS: A lot of the scenes from The Notebook were filmed in our beautiful city of Charleston!

Twilight

I may or may not get hate for this one, but sorry, it’s just too good to not be on this list. I get that the first movie is cinematically not a masterpiece; however, the editing and coloring make me want to visit Forks, Washington to find myself a handsome vampire. Also, the acting—especially the way Edward and Bella silently stare at each other throughout the majority of the first part of the film —made the first movie immaculate. The love story between Bella and Edward is insane and very cheesy at times; however, that is all compensated by how much passion they both have for each other. As you can see, I am #teamedward, but how can you not be?

The Parent Trap

The Parent Trap is my go-to movie ever since I was little because I always wanted to have a long-lost twin sister, sorry Sean! There are so many iconic scenes in this film: the midnight prank at camp—which is probably the best camp prank of all time—the peanut butter Oreos, the ear-piercing scene when Annie and Hallie decide to switch places, Annie and Martin’s handshake, the London scene—which was the beginning of my dream to go live my Annie inspired life in England—and when the twins push Meredith’s bed into the lake. Honestly, this is one of the best movies of my childhood—I have probably seen it over 200 times—and it is always at the top of my rewatch list.

The Last Song

Yet another Nicholas Sparks film on this list. Not apologizing though, because they are my comfort films—ironic enough because they are utterly depressing. I will always love this movie because of how Miley and Liam’s chemistry caused them to fall in love with each other while filming, and it truly shows on the screen! This relationship makes me want to fall in love on a beach in Georgia while babysitting hatching turtle eggs. Come on, it sounds like heaven! Another part of the movie that I also really loved was the bitter-sweet relationship between Miley and her on-screen dad, which was the most heartwarming and depressing development of all time.

Happy rewatching!

Kiley is currently a junior at the College of Charleston and pursuing a major in Communication and minoring in Dance and Marketing. She is from Ocean City, New Jersey, and loves the summer and going to the beach. Whenever she is not dancing, she is usually hanging out with friends and family, going on long walks, getting coffee, or listening to good music!