Top Places to Shop for Christmas Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

With the Holidays coming that can only mean one thing…our bank accounts are taking a serious hit. Tis the season of gift giving. If you’re having some trouble here are my top local stores on King St to buy your friends and family a gift.

For the upscale…

Skinny Dip is a great place to find some higher end gifts for your loved ones. I was there just the other day and they have the most darling slippers. What could be better then slippers that look like normal shoes. I know what I’d be wearing everyday if someone wants to get me a pair.

For the Charleston lover…

Kittsona is the perfect place to shop for that friend who is obsessed with Charleston. The store has two sections devoted strictly to South Carolina apparel at some reasonable prices. Kittsona has everything from Charleston hats, t-shirts, to even South Carolina candles. Also a little tip, bring your student ID for 10% off.

For the cookie lover…

I have one friend who wants nothing but King Street Cookies for Christmas. I mean who could blame her? They’re amazing. For someone with a huge sweet tooth look no further then King St Cookies. You can buy a dozen or even get a cookie cake. Chances are they’ll even share some of their present with you.

For the dog lover…

If you have that one friend who is obsessed with their dog Woof Gang is the place to stop. Not only does this place have tons of adorable doggy bandanas and toys they also do 10% off student discount!!! Another win for us students.

For when you have 50 dollars to your name…

So you may have gone a little crazy and bought yourself too many Christmas gifts before anyone else. Or maybe your Starbucks fix for finals week took your entire paycheck. It is okay. You can still by multiple gifts and spend under $50. How you may ask? Its Kittsona again for the win. This store is new on King but has got a gift for anyone. They have everything from bath bombs to drink mixes to Sugarfina gummies. All for around $10.

I am currently a sophomore at the College of Charleston. I am majoring in Exercise Science with a minor in Political Science. At CofC I am on the crew team, a member of Sigma Kappa and on the HerCampus team. I am originally from Fenwick Island, DE but now live in Charleston full time. My favorite things to do in my spare time are to go shopping or to go for a run!
A future historian who has a love of all things pink, a serious coffee addiction, and a passion to spread self-love.