A Timeline of Your Day: Winter Break Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.
10:00AM: You wake up to your dog licking your face and the distant sound of productivity from somewhere in your house.  

11:30AM:You actually wake up and finally emerge from the confines of your room to get coffee.

11:33AM: Your mom makes a passive aggressive joke about how lazy you are that is too much for you to handle this early in the day.  

11:35AM:  Caffeine in hand and a glare in your eye, you walk past your mom back to your room. 

11:40AM: Check social media and silently hate everyone who is in a warmer climate right now. See that your friends from college who live in the same state are visiting each other, and silently hate them too. 

11:45AM: Text in your college friend group chat, “MISS YOU GUYSSSS!!!! <3” 

12:00-2:00PM: Binge watch Netflix. 

2:00PM: Guilt-trip your mom into making you lunch. “I’ve missed your home cooking the most since being away, Mom.” 

2:15PM: Make your own lunch when that doesn’t work. 

3:00: See what your friends from home are doing and realize they also have yet to leave their beds. 

3:30PM: Go to your friend’s house. Continue to binge watch Netflix. 

6:00PM: Order take out from your favorite hometown, greasy Mexican food place and lament how you don’t have one at school. 

7:00PM: Remember why it’s actually good you don’t have one at school. 

7:15PM: You and your friend remember your high school friend is throwing a party tonight. 

7:30-9:00PM: Debate whether or not it’s even worth it to go. Decide to go to get fresh air and so you can finally see the girl who keeps bugging you to get lunch with her, even though you guys were never really friends to begin with. 

10:00PM: Get to the party. Immediately regret your decision. 

10:30PM: Remember why you were so excited to go to college. Appreciate your school and college friends even more. 

11:00PM: Make an excuse about curfew that you are pretty sure no one believes. 

11:30PM: Get home. Eat your parent’s food, cuddle with your dog, and continue watching Netflix. 

12:00AM: Snapchat ugly crying pictures to your college friends about how much you miss them. 

2:00AM: Go to bed. 

Repeat until your return to school. 

Photo Credits: brightfutura.com  

Camila is a freshman at the College of Charleston, SC and a member of Delta Gamma. She plans to major in Marketing with a double minor Spanish and Communications. She is obsessed with any variation of mac and cheese and tweets often to the dismay of her followers. She loves puns and shopping and plans to severely deplete her savings account in the next four years on King St.