This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Imagine darkness envelops you from every angle…

Suddenly, you see a face come out of the darkness. It’s the whitest thing you’ve ever seen. Its pale eyes are sunken into the head but are large with its gaze. Silver, stringy hair cascades to the shoulders of this vile creature before you, all the while clinging to his face from the lack of hygiene. Who knows how long it’s been since cleanliness has touched the vermin?

Every second that goes by, the fiend becomes clearer…

Its mouth, large and similar to a former human being, curls to smile revealing the broken missing teeth in the black hole. The only actual color other than white and grey lies on the jagged edges of its yellow teeth.

The floor creaks. Frigid air flows around you…

He moves closer…

Garments hang from the skeleton that’s held together by sickly, dull skin. The clothes are torn and tattered with holes peaking through poorly sewn patches. He has no shoes on his feet. He couldn’t if he wanted to…he has no feet.

Behind him, a trail of blood follows where his footprints should be…

He’s closer…

His extremity grabs at you! Reaching and reaching. The boney hand brushes your cheek leaving a deathly cold feel behind as you watch him being pulled back. He lunges forward to take you with him…

Ding…. Ding

The clock strikes midnight marking the start of November 1st. The Veil between this world and the next has grown strong once again. You made it through Halloween.

This year…

Katherine Jordan is a student at the College of Charleston. Her interests include music, writing, history, and more. She has grown up in several different places and can tell a lot of random facts from basic health to Disney to world history.