Pumpkin spice? Ghost stories? Haunted houses? Sweater weather? What isn’t there to love about the fall season? Charleston has a variety of fall events and activities for people of all ages. So grab your friends, your pumpkin spice lattes, and go have some fun!
*Certain events are 21+, read descriptions first*
Boone hall Plantation (Mount Pleasant)
Boone Hall Plantation has some fun things going on this fall, including their annual pumpkin patch and Fright Nights. Along with the pumpkin patch, there will be hayrides, a petting zoo, a corn maze, and more! When the sun sets on Boone Hall, it takes a scary turn by turning into haunted attractions for Fright Nights! Tickets can be purchased on their website. It is fun for all ages!
- Location: 2434 N Hwy 17, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
- Dates/Time: Oct. 1-31 (Pumpkin Patch), Weekends Oct. 1-31 (Fright Nights), (Hours vary with both, check website)
- Website: https://www.boonehallplantation.com/special-events/
Mimosa Festival (North Charleston)
This event is only for people age 21+*. You can order tickets online prior to the event or on the day of. The Charleston Wine Festival will be hosting the Mimosa Festival at The Bend in North Charleston. It will be a fun time that not only includes our favorite brunch drink, but also food from local restaurants and musical entertainment!
- Location: 3775 Azalea Dr, North Charleston, SC 29405
- Date/Time: Oct. 9th, 1pm-5pm
- Website: https://charlestonwinefestivals.com/mimosa/
Legare Farms (Johns Island)
This is one of my favorites that I accidentally stumbled upon. Legare Farms is a family-owned farm that is 291 years old! They have fun things for all ages. There are tons of animals, hayrides to feed pigs and cows, a pumpkin patch, horse rides, and more! There is free gate admission on their website.
- Location: 2620 Hanscombe Point Rd, Johns Island, SC 29455
- Dates/Times: Every weekend starting Oct. 2-Oct. 31st (hours vary, check website)
- Website: https://legarefarms.com/pages/annual-pumpkin-patch
Ghost Tours with Bulldog Tours (Downtown charleston)
If you love spooky ghost stories, then this is the choice for you! Bulldog Tours offers a wide variety of walking ghost tours downtown at multiple locations. There are tours at the USS Yorktown, the Old City Jail, cemeteries around the city, and more. Tours are for all ages. They even offer a haunted pub crawl for those age 21+*. If you think you can handle the scary stories of the Holy City, then book your tour on their website.
- Location: 18 Anson St, Charleston, SC 29401
- Dates/Times: Year-round, times vary (check website)
- Website: https://www.bulldogtours.com/tours/ghost
Charleston Oktoberfest (Downtown Charleston)
St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church will be hosting the Charleston Oktoberfest. This event is for all ages and has food, music, games, and beer (for age 21+*)! Come support your community and local business owners. You can order your tickets on their website.
- Location: 405 King St, Charleston, SC 29403
- Date/Time: Oct. 9th, 12pm-6pm
- Website: https://oktoberfestcharleston.org/