This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Major: BiologyHometown: Greenville, SC

1)    What are you involved in on campus?I am involved in AED, Medlife, the Ronald McDonald House, the Honors College, and Alpha Delta Pi.

2)    What leadership positions do you have in your organizations?I am Recording Secretary in ADPi.

3)    What has been one of the most valuable lessons/experiences you’ve gained from being in ADPi?The importance of knowing those around you, of experiencing things on a different level with people, and creating a bond that exceeds normal everyday interactions. Not only that, but also bringing that level of friendship and comradery to every relationship I make. The people I have met in ADPi have given me an idea of who I can become. They have taught me to strive for the best in life and to go for anything I put my mind to. It helps to know that they are there for me no matter what.

4)    As a bio major, what do you hope to do once you graduate?I want to go to Medical School. I am in love with so many of the fields that I cannot say what path I will take in my medical career. Nonetheless, I know that I want to be in medicine and learning more about it for the rest of my life.

5)    What impact do you hope to make one day?I do not wish to change the world, but you can change someone’s world by being there for them and being a positive influence. If I can make the people around me happier, that is all the impact I need to make, because maybe they will do the same in return for the people around them.

6)    Who is someone you really look up to?As stereotypical as this sounds, I look up to my parents. They have done everything and anything to make their dreams and our families’ dreams a reality. They take any situation they are faced with and make something amazing out of it.

7)    Why did you decide to come to CofC?I decided to come to CofC because of the amazing Honors College, the city (I mean its Charleston!), the Biology Department, the proximity to MUSC as well as the fact that my parents moved to Germany when I graduated high school. My sister was still in Charleston and I decided it would be nice to be closer than a few hundred to a few thousand miles apart from any family.

8)    What is the one thing you love the most about CofC?The one thing I love the most about CofC is the people I have met. We are all so lucky to be apart of a beautiful, welcoming, diverse, and loving community.

All photos are from Tegan’s facebook page.

A v-neck enthusiast from Greenville, South Carolina, Megan Dunn is a sophomore majoring in Communication and double minoring in Creative Writing and Film Studies. Having always been interested in media, she plans on one day being the female version of Ryan Seacrest. While she’s not writing or working on her campus radio show, Megan can be found binge watching Netflix or quoting Mean Girls.